Cadence Issue betwin my tacx Satori Smart and Zwift

Hello,
I’m a new User of Zwift and I allreadty have some problems with the cadence detection.
I’m cycling on a taxc Satori Smart (last firmware), wich communicate with my Ipad pro IOS 12 in BTE.

Sometimes the cadence is ok, during maybe one or two minutes and then it drop to 0. My avatar still going forward, but legs don’t spinning… I guess it should be wierd to see for the other players :sweat_smile:!

Do you have any solutions about that ?

Regards, Kévin.

Using the Tacx Satori as a cadence sensor is just an estimate at best. If you want to keep track of your cadence you should install a dedicated cadence sensor. Wahoo makes Bluetooth sensors that will connect fine to the iOS device.

For reference I also use the Satori, but use a dedicated cadence sensor for a more accurate/stable reading.

Hi,
thanks for your answer.
I’m fine with an aproximation of my cadence. But the thing is the value stays at 0 for sometimes 10 minutes.
The other thing is that every tacx app (training, cycling,) tells me my cadence correctly.
So i really think there is someting wrong beetwin the trainer and zwift.

2 Likes

Could be some interference or even a low battery on the trainer, here is a troubleshooting link for you: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/my-bluetooth-signal-is-dropping-(cycling)-SJOZRkBm

1 Like

I don’t think there is any problems with my bte connection.
The power don’t shut down.
Only the cadence.
And I think the cadence is virtually calculated with the evolution of the power curve during pedaling.

1 Like

Hello !
Does anybody else have an idea about my cadence detection problem ?
Regards.
Kévin.

Have you checked the battery? Have you contacted Tacx support? Is the firmware up to date?

Again, if cadence is that much of a concern you should be using an external cadence sensor.

I have the same issue and I think it’s a common one that hasn’t been addressed by Zwift. The suggestion always made that the cadence estimate being transmitted isn’t accurate is not the answer we are seeking. The problem is, the Tacx Smart Trainers transmit a Cadence Bluetooth signal, it is detected by all other apps that I have tested it with, without drop-outs, but with Zwift App on iPad, I experience frustrating drop-outs to zero, and in ERG Training Mode that causes frustrating changes in power / resistance from the trainer. So it’s not so much about keeping track of cadence as it is just making the set-up work consistently the way it was meant to.

In my case I also use Zwift Companion on my iPhone 8. I have had the odd session where this doesn’t occur, but I can’t pin-point the combination that alleviates the problem. There are a lot of devices in our lives and area of training that are transmitting at 2.4 Ghz, it’s the new way of life.

I have put in a support request too, but it seems a common enough issue that Twift and or Tacx should be addressing it together.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience Wayne.
I agree with everything you said.
I sent a message to tacx this afternoon.
I’m waiting for their answer. I’ll keep you informed.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem. Did you get any intormation about how tobsolve this issue?

The cadence sensor and Zwift was working fine with my tacx Satori until recently and now suddenly doesn’t work or rarely provides cabdriver indication. I get perfect signal with the tacx utility app and so appears to be something in the connection to Zwift. I am using Apple TV with Bluetooth connection. I tried updating the firmware on my tacx without improvement. Is there any guidance on how to fix this issue?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Works fine on Tacx app but not on Zwift. I will have to stop using zwift. It used to work fine about 2 months ago.

3 Likes

I’m new to Zwift, but have been using my satori smart for over a year and it’s only now having a problem with the cadence measurements - exactly as mentioned above - only in Zwift and only every now and then. I can get a decent run in (+/- 10km) with cadence recorded fine - but then it will just go and not return. Frustrating to say the least - and doubly frustrating that there doesn’t seem to be any official response from Zwift.

Hi
I’ve been having the same problem as of last week, I have a Taxc Flux S, I had the Taxc utility on my iPhone 8 and Zwift. All of a sudden cadence won’t pair, HR, Power Source and Controllable all pair. I’ve had response and suggestions from the Zwift team, I erased and downloades again the Zwift app and downloaded the Zwift companion, erased the Tacx apps.
The Zwift team sent me to the forums and tells me to “ride on”… Ironically my rider stays on the side of the road and I’m unable to use the payed Zwift app.
Has anyone been able to resolve the issue?
Please help!
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to give my feedback here as well: Tacx Satori Smart WATTAGE is good, CADANCE is bad - yes the bluetooth connection is strong this is clearly not the problem as connection quality is displayed as perfect and no interference exists in my paincave.

The issue I have is similar to the one everyone else has: cadence jumps from 0 to over 100 back to zero uncontrollably.

I have found a solution by unpairing the Taxc Satori Smart as cadence sensor, only using it for power and using my pedal mounted cadence sensor. Works well!
Still a shame that the Satori Smart cant show the cadence as advertised by Tacx…then again it probably would only be an estimate anyway and its best to use a proper cadence sensor on your crankshaft…

2 Likes

Hi Kevin,
Recently bought also the Sartori from Tacx and have exactly the same issue.
I did some testing and the cadence looks fine in the Tacx utility app but in Zwift indeed it drops to zero sometimes for 10 minutes. Ordered today the Garmin Speed and Cadence sensor 2 and will test coming weekend if that works better.

Cheers,
Floris

Hello all, I have the same issue with Satori Smart trainer on firmware 0.5.4 … cadence data is not consistent on Zwift, anyone has any solution so far?

2 Likes

Just tested the same setup on RGT Cycling and the cadence reading works fine. Definitely an issue with Zwift app.

Zwift Support - please help us.

same here with my Satori and Zwift, I had 0.5.1 and it was working fine. When I upgraded to 0.5.4 it messed up with Zwift, but still reading good using Tacx app.

1 Like

Yes, my tacx satori works fine on all other platforms like Rouvy but not on zwift?? I had to buy a Wahoo cadence sense, about 9 months ago, for my shoe so I could continue to use Zwift.