Bursty riding

I run Swift on a MB Pro running El Capitan.  Does anyone else have the issue where all of a sudden your rider seems to be held back for several seconds before suddenly being snapped forward?  The best way I can describe is it seems like “bursty” riding.  I’m not sure if the cause is erratic WiFi (Verizon FIOS, usually in mid teens mb/s), processing power (2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), graphics (NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 256 MB) or RAM (8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3).  MY ant+ dongle is attached with an extension cord that sits right next to my Kickr’s sensor. Any information greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi Sandy,

Does the game “freeze” and then you ride forward at a regular pace? Or does it freeze and then you shoot forward at an accelerated pace?

OR does the camera kind-of have a yo-yo effect while you ride/sprint?

Thanks for the quick reply, it doesn’t exactly freeze but it seems like my avatar is riding in quicksand (if that makes sense) for a few seconds before accelerating forward…so i probably more like the yo-yo effect you cited.  This may happen repeatedly during some rides and hardly at all during others.  It MAY be happening more in workout mode but that’s not based on hard science.  full disclosure I did a wifi test last night, my speeds were fine, consistently > 25 Mbps/second but the Ping was usually above > 90. 

Thank you

One follow on: it never really bothered me until I was doing a Watopia sprint around the bridge and my time was a few seconds longer because I was momentarily held back by this glitch (although sprint and KOM are kind of all screwed up for now anyway since the course expansion :slight_smile:

I have noticed the same thing after the last update. Last night I was yo-yo-ing like crazy. Still rode for my hour workout but it was truly annoying:

System : El Capitan 10.11.3 (with latest NVIDIA Drivers)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor : 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory : 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3