Bug while saving and uploading activity

Today I rode the pretzel route for about 1 hour and 25 minutes. I was doing the 85 min workout. After I finished my ride, it was not uploaded to Strava and the downloaded file from my Zwift dashboard is corrupted (it only shows 1 hour ride). This is the second time that happens, the first time I imagined it was my fault for some reason, but after today’s failure I reckon it might be a bug.

Currently I’m running a Mac Book Pro - Mid 2012, OSX El Capitan - 2.3 gHZ i7 processor. I was also running the mobile app on an Iphone 6. My trainer is the Tacx Blue Motion, HR strap and cad/spd sensor ir Garmin. ANT+ stick is Movestick mini by Suunto. I’m not using a power meter. 

Hi Fabio, 

We’re sorry to hear, in your Zwift activities, does it say partial for this ride? Like in the picture below. 

Hi Tom,

Ye, it says partial.

Ok Fabio, in that case two of following might’ve happened. 

• Internet problem - if you experience an internet dropout while saving or during a ride, it can result in a partially uploaded Zwift ride (as opposed to the ride itself being completely lost).
  • Equipment problem - something is wrong with your trainer, bike, cadence sensor or speed sensor and Zwift received some unreal values to process and therefore refused it. Most common problems are:
  1. Inadequate tire pressure - check your tire wall for the recommended pressure but on road bikes it’s usually 80 - 120psi. 
  2. Low friction between the tire and the roller causing tire slip. Check with the trainer manufacturer what the correct pressure should be but in general you need to use your hand to hold the flywheel stationary and attempt to rotate the bicycle wheel with your other hand. The correct tension is set when the bicycle tire does not slide or slip.
  3. Excessive gap in between the sensor and the magnet. Again check with the manufacture what that should be but 1 to 4mm should be fine. 
  4. Batteries - Check the batteries in all your sensors.
  5. Excessive distance in between the sensors and Ant+ dongle - try to minimize this distance using USB extension cable. The cable shouldn’t be longer than 10ft for electric resistance reason (unless active cable used) and also some cheap USB cables might not work for same reason (even shorter than 10ft). You can always get Zwift tested cable and some other goodies from our online shop. :slight_smile:

http://zwift.com/gear

I hope this helps, give it a try and let us know how it went, 

Ride On!