Bring back the original startup music!

I don’t know what to say but one big massive THANK YOU for this one!
All these months forced to mute the sound and the solution was so simple and hidden in almost plain sight!
I can’t say thank you enough!

If you just wanted to turn the “music” off, just turn Title Music to Off in settings menu.

I just tried and yes, the hack is working both on PC and Mac.
Here are the instructions for Mac:

1. open Terminal (Applications > Utility > Terminal, or Cmd+Space / Ctrl+Space, depending on your shortcut mappings, to open Spotlight Search > type Terminal > double click)
  2. paste the following one-liner:
    cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/data/Audio/OSX/ && mv 899869566.wem 899869566.wem.bak && mv 777200017.wem 899869566.wem
  3. restart Zwift and enjoy the good old tune, the one and only Zwift Theme Music!

@Eddie_Waldmire again and again, THANK YOU so much for sharing this

3 Likes

Yep, I shortened a bit too much, that’s exactly what I was talkin about.
Having no sounds at all would be pretty unusable to me.

Well Done!
Thank You
Thank You
THANK YOU!!!
THIS IS AWESOMELY AWESOME.
I love that original music-- Now…
Apple TV?
Can you do your magic on that too??

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t have an Apple TV.
Anyway it would be the same on iPad and iPhone, iOS/TVOS are “untinkerable” by design, and I’m not sure you can manipulate file system even on jailbroken devices.
I won’t go as far as saying it’s nearly impossibile, but it’s very very unlikely, or very complicated at least.
It could be possible on rooted Android devices, but since the manufacturers started to preventing unlocking bootloaders, and so preventing to rooting the devices, it became quite complicated as well.

I’d like the option to permanently mute the horror in options on Apple TV

2 Likes

Thank you! It worked…couldn’t stand that weird new music…

My memory says that zwift originally had music constantly on during riding, not just the menu, is that correct or have I misremembered?

2 Likes

No only startup music.

3 Likes

Play it here

4 Likes

Nice one Zee, I miss that.
At the very least Zwift could give us a choice of music for start up.

Sorry to resurrect this thread. Couldn’t find any other threads on this. Does anyone know the title of the current title music? It really brings the groove early in the morning

899869566.wem

1 Like

Here, I’ve uploaded it for your listening pleasure: Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

Old one for lols: Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

2 Likes

Cheers for that Dave,
The old one is much better in my opinion.

Haa forgot how nice the old one was. Much more Swiftish :). Maybe need to switch back to it …

1 Like

This just made my day. :raised_hands:

Hello all, my 777200017.wem file (renamed as 899869566.wem) seems to have been overwritten by the “real” 899869566.wem. Possibly during a reinstall.

I no longer have a copy of the .wem file for the original music. Does anyone know where I can find this…?

Thanks.

Here you are: 899869566.wem - Google Drive