Bowflex T56 (/T22) can it connect to Zwift?

Ugh, that is really disappointing. Although it does make the cheaper t10 more attractive :slight_smile:

Do you by any chance know of a current Zwift compatible treadmill list somewhere? The one posted on the official zwift site is horribly out of date.

Thanks so much for your help.

Hello Linnea,

Sorry to disappoint, I do not know of such list. When I searched for a treadmill I found a lot which claimed compatibility. As I found out (the hard way) it is enough to claim compatibility if bluetooth can provide treadmill data. Fact that some of these allow changing speed or incline is not shown in such advertisement.

But to be fair, I did not find any who actually showed Zwift on the display of the treadmill. Bowflex just gave me the impression that they allow connection to Zwift and showing Zwift. There is even a second option to connect your favourite app to the treadmill, I do not see any difference with Zwift connection.

Pure technically it should be possible, the display on the T22 is an Android device and Zwift runs on Android. It is a touch display so they have all that is needed, but for now it does not work.
I do agree about the T10, the 20degree incline is almost not used in my case, 15 is more than enough, the rest is the same accept for the display.
And as You can recognise on my photo, I place the TV to be at such height that I can look over the T22 display and see the TV. I would appreciate it to be a little lower but I cannot do it in my case, the big screen of the T22 would be in the way.

I presume if I would purchase another treadmill at the moment, I would go for something that does not provide a huge display, therefore the device is cheaper and the TV would be positioned better.

But for me, I like the idea of giving Ride-Ons while running, so I need the tablet anyway. There should be a place to put the tablet.

I know, not a big help, so I presume youā€™d better choose the treadmill you like and then check their respective forum or ask here before you purchase.

Best regards,
Ruud

1 Like

Hello all,

I just received my Bowflex T56 (=T22). It seems to work fine. However, when I start the Zwift workout , I then do ā€œtap to pairā€ on the speed icon in Zwift. Zwift then says ā€œSearchingā€ but does not find anything.
I have tried this on a phone and on a tablet, neither seem to work. Does anyone know what the issue might be, am I doing something wrong? Thank you!
(I have been using Zwift with by Wahoo Kickr for years, I am fairly familiar with it)

That particular model is not directly compatible with Zwift.

Thatā€™s not true.
I got it working eventually, not sure how. Maybe because I rebooted. It does seem to work bow.

I think the issues you initially had are testament to the fact that treadmill isnā€™t directly compatible. Great news you have it working, hopefully it will now work every time and you donā€™t struggle to get it connected.

1 Like

Hey allā€¦ Thought Iā€™d pop in to give a little update and ask another question.

First of all, I did end up purchasing the Bowflex T10 and gotta say, I love this treadmill. There are things that piss me off about it, but they are not treadmill function or build related. Itā€™s the screen, membership and costā€¦ But itā€™s the treadmill thatā€™s important right? Lol it connects seamlessly with Zwift (which I have on a TV in front of the treadmill, not the attached screen).

My questionā€¦ Does anyone know if the treadmill is supposed to transmit cadence? I think Iā€™ve seen that other Bluetooth treadmills doā€¦ But this one doesnā€™t seem to. I use my footpod, but it seems that maybe I have too many bt things going through companion for that to connectā€¦ So no cadence for me. :confused:

1 Like

Iā€™m not aware of any treadmills that transmit cadence. Certainly none of a sensible pierce range anyway.

To get cadence you need either a foot pod or the NPE Runn.
Both provide this function.
Or some shoes have this built in, certain under armour models have it.

Iā€™ve all 3 and tend to use the shoes.

1 Like

I have the Bowflex T22. The connection with Zwift is unstable and not reliable to use. When it does connect, it only shows the treadmill speed. Iā€™m now using Styrd and am happy with it so far. Iā€™ve also used Stryd during a mountain run, and following my critical power instead of heart rate worked better for me.

Have the Bowflex T56 (=T22) and I find it fully compatible with Zwift, even has a ā€˜Zwift optionā€™ on 22" screen so unsure why Stuart got his information that itā€™s not directly compatible? Also find you donā€™t have to use this Jrny Zwift option to have Zwift pick up the bluetooth stuff transmitted.

No issues with myself or my partner connecting it to Zwift running. Iā€™m using my Surface 4 and she uses her Google Pixel. Pairing screen picks up treadmill but Iā€™ve gone down Stryd path, other half use Treadmill bluetooth. Calibrated Stryd with this and measurements are accurate as expected. I also have the Stryd footpod transmitting ant+ to my Garmin watch. After calibration distances/speed/pace matches between Treadmill/Zwift and Stryd/Gramin. It should really!

I have Zwift uploading to Strava, like the map stuff, koms etc and Garmin uploads to Garmin connect then to Stryd & strava, so I can get my running metrics. Have to delete one of the Strava uploads this way. Would be useful if Strava also collected running metrics, then Iā€™d have a pathway for all sites from one data source. Maybe one day.

Do wish theyā€™d make use of 22inch display. Was aware of this limitation, but I do like running to Netflix and having Zwift run in background, but would like the option. I can also put a tablet on shelf under monitor to run Zwift on android. But my tablet isnā€™t very powerful so Iā€™ll stick to Surface 4.

Also I am like using power for runs. Coming from Cycling it makes much more sense. Have started experimenting with different cadences and styles to see if I can be more efficient. Data like form power, leg stiffness, vertical oscillation and ground contact time is great to nerd out on. I can also see in real time how I can keep the same pace and reduce my power output. Keeps me entertained !

1 Like

Hold up. Do I understand this correctly. To use Zwift with the T56 or stream Netflix content with my existing Netflix subscription, I first need a subscription to JRNY at $19.99/mnth? Please tell me Iā€™ve got that wrong.

Youā€™ve got that wrong.

Phew, thank god for that. Sounded absolutely ridiculous. I must admit though, they do make it sound like thatā€™s the case on their website:

ā€œExperience curated workouts and entertainment options that stream while youā€™re being coached. JRNY Membership required.ā€

ā€œBinge your existing Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ accounts from the HD touchscreen. JRNY Membership required. Streaming subscriptions not included.ā€

Hmmm, that does make it sound the case.

I wonder if youā€™re restricted from running any 3rd party apps on the screen if you have no JRNY subscription.
That really wouldnā€™t be right.

It sounds a bit too dodgy for my liking. Think Iā€™ll go with something like the Sole F85 insteadā€¦

Orā€¦

Ditch the idea of having an integrated screen as they arenā€™t very big, the sound is poor and is one more thing to go wrong.

Instead get yourself a 50" tv mounted in front of the treadmill.

Pair it with a cheap desktop and you can run Zwift in 4k clarity which believe me is like night and day compared to the basic profile that an integrated app treadmill will offer.

Thatā€™s how Iā€™m currently rolling.

Oh absolutely. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m opting for the F85 or F65 now. I just originally thought the T56 could run Netflix while I have zwift on the TV. Pretty much confirms the decision. Cheers.

Hey, i have a bowflex t22 treadmill Iā€™ve been connected using my android smart phone for the last year. Up until November 28th it worked fine. Now zwift will no longer find my t22.
Troubleshooting:
I checked my phone with my speed sensor on my bike and all is well.
I can connect zwift to my treadmill on my pc.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled zwift on my phone.
Of course i have rebooted all devices.
The bluetooth on my phone is working with the treadmill as it will connect and play music.

It seems just the latest update of zwift on my phone is the problem.
Samsung s22

Chances are youā€™ve been affected by a little Zwift Gremlin as per this.

@rowdy - one for you?

Hi @clint_mathies ,

You mentioned youā€™re on a Samsung S22. Did you happen to recently upgrade to Android 13 OS? Some S22 owners have reported bluetooth issues since the recent upgrade. This may be a device-side issue outside of our control at the moment.

If you are able to pair any other trainers or treadmills to your S22 via bluetooth, then itā€™s probably something I can help figure out.