Bowflex T56 (/T22) can it connect to Zwift?

Hi
Just bought a Bowflex T56 (=T22 in US).
Anybody now how I connect to Zwift?
Regards
Allan

Hi @allan_wind8526

Welcome to the forum

Does the trainer broadcast power on ANT+ or Bluetooth

1 Like

Yes - Bluetooth :+1:t3:

see if this help:

If you are based in the EU then yes you can connect via Bluetooth

But his device is a treadmill. Aren’t treadmills notoriously finicky about connecting to Zwift?

1 Like

Not really Nige. Sometimes it takes a little ingenuity but to be fair I think most of the issues lie with people either expecting too much from their treadmill or not understanding how to make it work.

No setup needed. Just lauch the Zwift app in the treadmill app window, and pair it in Zwift.

Thanx - all. It works fine now :slight_smile:

Another “problem”:
What I really miss now, is that the Zwift-software could change (especially) incline but also speed automatically on the treadmill (I have the Bowflew Treadmill T22(/T56)). A pity that it cannot do that… (it believe it should be easy to make that work…?)
Regards
Allan

Zwift can not control treadmills for safety reasons…

1 Like

Hmmmm… “safety” reason… every even cheap Threadmill can do that… why not start with incline - which I guess would be most desired…and let the software change for instance incline between 0-5 … dont see any danger at all…:expressionless:
(…is it maybe because of the sometime “crazy” amount of compensation the US-courtroom decides that Zwift/Bowflex dont want to include that option…sad if it is)
Regards
Allan
(based in Denmark, Europe)

1 Like

Maybe on day :wink:

Use the Qz Domyos app and you’ll get auto incline.

Just a heads up. I too purchased a BXT56 (T22) from Bowflex in EU.

-the firmware blocks any Bluetooth requests to change any settings. I contacted the developer of Qz Domyos to do some research and he found out that the options is ‘simply blocked’.

-and (for me) another disappointment, Zwift is running on my tablet, not on the nice 22" screen which the Bowflex provides. So you actually use the JRNY interface on the 22" screen, click on ‘start Zwift session’ and it will only open the Bluetooth connection. The 22" screen is only used to show simple activity data and . . . a photo slideshow :frowning:

I have contacted Bowflex support but did not get any usable reaction.

For me it is too late (in the EU there is no option to return the treadmill) but hopefully others will be able to make their decision knowing this restriction.

3 Likes

How are you sending speed data to Zwift Ruud?

Hi Stuart,

As soon as I connect with Zwift to the treadmill using Bluetooth, Zwift sees the spped.

I had some other encounter today.
I decided to try a video run in JRNY. As I found out, it is possible to connect through Bluetooth during such session too. So Zwift is showing its world and JRNY shows the video. Nice that it works but I was surprised that there is an option in JRNY which is auto-incline. The treadmill will change the incline during running according to the video. So it is not security to ‘not allow Zwift’, but I do not know the real reason.
Smells like ‘if Zwift cannot use it, maybe the customer will pay for JRNY instead’ to me.

Best regards

What data is captured in the Zwift app? I’m new to the treadmill world and just purchased the T22. I’ve been a religious cyclist and went deep down the rabbit hole in data collection and analytics in cycling (power meters, HRMs, SMO2 sensor (Moxy), and even have Glucose Monitor and a Lactate meter; and of course a Garmin head unit and Fenix 5x watch). Now I’m trying to figure out how to collect basic data like speed, HR, incline/decline (virtual elevation) to import into Strava, TrainingPeaks, Garmin, etc. How are folks doing this?

Hi Allan, thanks for sharing, so is your Zwift app on the treadmill screen working as it should? I mean is there a way to see a Zwift world on the treadmill screen? or do you need to use zwift on a different device and you only seeing pictures and basic info on the treadmill screen? Thank you in advance.

Hi Ruud,

Did you end up getting Zwift to fully display on the 22" monitor or still using your iPad? Considering purchasing this treadmill myself…but without that monitor working, my cheap tread and strategically placed tv would be a better option. :wink:

Linnea

Hello Linea,

The short answer is No, I did not get it to work.
The longer one is:
-I have contacted Nautilus about this, also contacted two Bowflex Service teams in Europe and of course the reseller. All to no result :frowning:
-well maybe ‘no result’ is not completely correct. I got an answer from Nautilus confirming that I wil not get Zwift on the 22" monitor, so yeah they did react.
-I will try to include a picture how I ended up. I got my tablet on the treadmill (for Ride Ons), the 22" is showing a slideshow, technical data or a video workout and a TV on the wall is showing Zwift too. Not perfect, but at least I am not continously bend over to watch the tablet.

Concerning my other point of dislike:
-I informed them that it is very strange, the JRNY software proposes the AUTO INCLINE within certain video workouts, so the fact that incline is changed during the workout ‘by itself’ is not judged like dangerous, so why block it for other apps to be used?

So yeah, considering this, I might have taken another treadmill. The technic is very nice. I like running on it, but might have taken another treadmill with less display as it is really not seriously used.

But I keep my hopes of Bowflex / Nautilus understand their mistakes and solving this. After all, it is only software.

1 Like