Bluetooth dropping during ride, won't reconnect without quitting

Not sure to be honest, not having any connection issues using trainer road. Only when using zwift

I think the problem with Zwift and Bluetooth seems to be if you lose connection for even a split second it wonā€™t repair. Other apps if it drops for a second itā€™ll pick the connection back up so you might not even notice the drop out.

I have elite trainers and tacx trainers and using their own apps if Bluetooth drops itā€™ll reconnect easily however Zwift never does unless you close the app and reopen it.

On Android at least.

4 Likes

Just tried Zwift again pairing via Bluetooth to my Win10 laptop. Seems like there is another issue with ERG mode not adjusting the resistance to match the target watts. It just gets stuck holding the watts from the previous interval. Zwift is now unusable for me.

@Gerrie_Delport, Do you know if Zwift support are looking into these issues? Seems there are a few threads on here regarding the same issues.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t hold your breath!

I donā€™t know.

I would try a external usb Bluetooth dongle or ant+.

Same thing started happening to me yesterday. During ride : dropping ALL connectionsā€¦
W10 OS updated
Ant updated, 100 % active and ok in W10
bt updated 100% actibe and ok in W10

No more connections - pairing screen mentioning NO SIGNAL and crashes Zwift.
Looks like W10 states all connections are ok, but Zwift seems to think NOTā€¦

Started another ride on ATV, same trainer, same dongles, same set-upā€¦ All ok.
So no interference issue at all (as I had none at all before and nothing changed in my setup)

So there is something wrong with the Zwift Windows App?

Anyhow, I am stuck ā€¦ So canā€™t help eitherā€¦

Same here since few days: Zwift on iPad and Saris H3.

Canā€™t resume connection between Zwift and the H3 without unplugging and replugging the H3 and restarting Zwift.

(Update) yesterday and today I have tried ROUVY, even a long race, without issues. When I got back to Zwift today to do the Crit Race (anti sandbagging), my Saris H3 disconnected just after joining the race. Luckily I was early and was able to restart Zwift on iPad and then I was able to complete the race.

I wasnā€™t able to reproduce the error tough, which seems quite erraticā€¦ not sure what can cause it, anyway it seems something related to Zwift and/or IOS 14.02 as it happens just on Zwift and it started happening after the last iOS updateā€¦

2 Likes

(Update) today, 500 mts before the end of a race same issue once again. Quite frustratingā€¦

Marco, I have the same setup and am having the same issues. Everything is up to date. Latest iOS. Latest firmware for H3, HR strap, and router. Iā€™ve been dropped on every ride at least once since the iOS update to 14.1.

I have figured out how to get the signal back without having to force quit the app. Unpair everything. Click over to the run tab then back to cycling and itā€™s allowed me to pair everything back up immediately. This doesnā€™t help with racing, but at least on my training rides Iā€™ve been able to keep my drops and route progress.

2 Likes

Guysā€¦do not have any battery optimistion onā€¦can effect Bluetooth.

No battery optimization hereā€¦

Iā€™ve been having exactly the same problem since the last IOS update and discovered the trick of switching between run and ride. Very frustrating and ruins Zwift for races or TTs.
Since it reconnects using the switch trick, Iā€™m convinced it is a Zwift issue. How do we get them to acknowledge that thereā€™s a problem?

3 Likes

I think that the only possibility is to open a support ticket and hope to get some feedback (tried once, it didnā€™t worked): I donā€™t think Zwift support will provide answers here.

I will try to do it and monitor this thread for progress: I will not do any further racing on Zwift unless this issue is solved.

2 Likes

+1 for just started hapening to me too!

All this was working fine for months:

• Apple TV (new March)
  • Saris H3

SITUATION
Im riding away. Screen frame rate seems to lag for ~1.5s. Then all Bluetooth disconnects; AppleTV remote and HRM, followed by trainer input goes to 0. If I go to the pair screen at this point, it does show connected to Saris H3 trainer (source, cadence, controllable) but says ā€œno signalā€

MY CURRENT REMEDY
Jump off bike, unplug / plug back in trainer. Go to ā€œpairā€ screen. Choose again. Sometimes itā€™s a downtime of 45 to 60 seconds before Iā€™m peddling again. Which means in some races or group rides i am screwed

TLDR; my Apple TV frame rate lags then all Bluetooth stuff disconnects

2 Likes

I opened a ticket 5 days ago, no feedback as of today: if Zwift will reply something significant Iā€™ll post it here as well so to update, if it will be the usual ā€œwas the power cord connected ? Did you tried turn it off and on ?ā€ then Iā€™ll keep using other apps till when this issue is sorted.

1 Like

This is pretty much what I get - except using an iPad. Have tried moving my fan further away; tried wiping and restoring the iPad; tried removing the bluetooth cadence sensor; tried riding without phone/airpods (no music). Canā€™t see that its local interference. Did try switching to 5kHz wifi, but the extender gave up after 24hrs!

I have hit the occasional ride where I can go for 60mins plus without a dropout, but halloween rides with hordes of riders, two dropouts in about 10 minutes.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had 6 months of faultless use of zwift via Saris H3, iPad and Garmin Dual HR strap all using Bluetooth.
Ever since I updated to iOS 14.2 I canā€™t complete a session without BT drop out of my Trainer now :frowning:
The only way to reconnect is to close the zwift app (ending the workout) and restarting, everything then reconnects fine.

H3 is on latest firmware too.

Please help us Zwift, this is ruining our experience and makes Racing pointless

2 Likes

Iā€™m having the exact same thing here, Bluetooth drops out mid-ride.

Saris H3, iPad and Apple TV (both do the same thing since latest OS updates).
Everything has up to date apps and firmware.
Kicker HR strap drops out along with the Saris tooā€¦ despite my iPhone being able to find both devices when Zwift canā€™t.

Funny thing is, just before the Saris and HR strap disconnected, I noticed my Apple TV remote disconnected first.

Not sure whatā€™s going on here, but def seems itā€™s related to the Zwift app.

6 Likes

Same problem here since the iOS update. Put in a ticket and sent log files to Zwift, but havenā€™t heard anything.

3 Likes

Same here. Using Wahoo Kickr, climb, cadence sensor and apple watch HR on IOS companion to Dell Alienware laptop. Worked fine for months, zero issues. Past two days, connection drops ruin my rides. Worst part is, today my trainer was stuck at 1000ā€™s of watts and it unlocked a slew of badges that Iā€™ll never get the pleasure of unlocking from hard work. Also ruined my group workout today. Is there a wired connection solution? I noticed an ethernet port in the Kickr.

1 Like