Black screen when exiting Zwift post ride

Ive seen that this has been asked before (back in 2016) but it appears that there is no answer, solution wise.

Every time I finish a ride and save, I get a black screen and the computer is completely unresponsive at that point. No alt-tabbing, no CTRL-ALT-DELETE, no alt-f4, no windows key…nothing brings it back except a complete restart. Interestingly, my music thats playing in itunes continues to go.

Now interestingly enough, if I just open zwift and edit setting after starting a ride (because somehow thats still a basic user interface issue that hasnt been resolved after all these years) I can exit the ride without saving and it will NOT give me a permanent black screen.

Is there any update to this? I have a pretty solid gaming rig that Im running this on, all drivers up to date, and Im clearly not the only one to have encountered the issue.

Hey Zach, sorry Zwift isn’t exiting properly! How long have you been experiencing this error, since the latest update? And have you tried uninstalling Zwift then reinstalling it with a new application download to see if that helps?

1 Like

Whoops I missed the reply, sorry!

Ive actually experienced this since starting zwift early last month, bought the Cyclops H2 bundle. It’s always been an issue.

I have NOT tried uninstalling/reinstalling, I will give that a go and when I ride again tomorrow Ill report back.