Bkool smartpro black - no connect zwift

friend … did you do this process for a MAC or WINDOWS?
A friend made it through MAC and the conversion from ANT + to ANT + FEC didn’t work.

I did it for windoes and the conversion worked. and my bkool pro is working perfectly on zwift.
let me know

Hi Sandy,

I am using BKool TrainerPro 3.02.

I have followed your steps and the version I am running looks like the image linked. The only thing is I don’t see the option to enable Ant+ FE-C.

When I go into settings Ant shows VerStr. AJK2.05RAF

Any ideas?

Thanks
Liam

1 Like

I am the same issue - everything except for the Ant+ FE-C button. I also cannot connect or detect the trainer (Bkool smart pro black) via bluetooth - Do all of them even have bluetooth? (we got the trainer second hand, and there’s no indication it has bluetooth.)

Hi @Sandy_Thomson ,
It seems you’ve helps a lot of people on here. I’ve got a similar issue - wanting to enable Ant+ FE-C but after following the steps and installing the sim 3.53, the option to enable Ant+ FE-C still does not appear.

The trainer will also not appear on the toolkit app on phones - I’m unsure if the trainer has bluetooth (it’s a second hand black Bkool smart pro)

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Sam

Mine also doesn’t show on the toolkit app via bluetooth

Hi @Sam_Thornton2734 and @Liam_Maher, I’ll see if I can help!

The Bkool Pro should connect with either bluetooth or Ant+. Just make sure it isn’t connected to another device via bluetooth if you want to use it, but it’s the Ant+ connection you need so don’t worry about bluetooth just yet.

Actually the best thing to do is temporarily turn off bluetooth on your PC or Mac running the Bkool Sim. I believe it will only allow Ant+ FEC to be enabled when connected via Ant+ so this makes sure that it is.

Once you have connected via Ant+ using version 3.53 of the Bkool Sim then follow the steps above and let me know if it works or where it fails.

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have followed your steps and the version I am running looks like the image linked. The only thing is I don’t see the option to enable Ant+ FE-C.

When I go into settings Ant shows VerStr. AJK2.05RAF.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Liam

Hi @Liam_Maher,

From reading this page on the Trainer Road website it looks like Bkool trainers with a firmware version of 3.02 cannot get Ant+ FE-C enabled:

The specific point to read is this one:

1. Trainers with version 3.02 cannot be updated to ANT+ FE-C protocol as the electronic card was not designed to permit this feature.

When you use the Bkool Toolkit app on your phone does it give any option to update the firmware?

Hi Sandy,

That’s frustrating.

The toolkit app doesn’t seem to pick up any bluetooth signal from the trainer. Do you have to activate anything on the trainer to transmit the signal?

Liam

I don’t think there is anything you need to do to activate the signal, other than spin the wheel a bit to wake it up. Put the phone next to the trainer just to make sure it isn’t a distance problem too.

Hi @Sandy_Thomson
It sounds as though this is actually an issue with these versions of the trainer. I have heard that it is possible to ship the trainer resistance unit to BKool to fix this - do you know any of the details for this?

@Liam_Maher, this sounds as though this is a similar issue for your trainer?

Thanks,
Sam

Hi @Sam_Thornton2734, I don’t know any details of Bkool fixing it I’m afraid, you’d need to contact their support. Good luck!

Hi there! I followed the instructions , but with a 4.X version of bkool, and even if my bkool pro was detected, the software didn’t offer any firmware update. I don’t know if it’s only possible with 3.53 version. The link is not more available. Could someone send another link to 3.53 windows version ?
Thanks in advanced.

Hi @German_B,

The links above appear to have expired, try these instead for v3.53:

Windows: https://gofile.io/d/3YAS4s
Mac: https://gofile.io/d/KUxL8Y

Looks like the firmware isn’t available anymore. I guess Bkool turned their download server off :frowning:

Hi iam trying to fec enable a bkool pro, now here’s the thing! I have two bkool pro,s one has no Blue tooth, and not fec update able so bkool told me they did a remote patch and told me.said I needed a new board at €240. Anyway a friend gave me a bkool pro, the bkool toolkit found it and updated it to firmware 3.16! This one works on my galaxy tab e via blue tooth on bkool . Still cant connect to zwift! Via ant, i wonder if a blue tooth dongle would work on my pc? I’ve e-mailed bkool support.

Bkool sent me a file to flash the pro unit but it says there a Du error on the command screen on PC…bkool say not to pair trainer via blue tooth! Before flashing, But how his it suppose to flash the unit if PC cant pick trainer up.

Interesting, don’t suppose you could email the file to me. So I can try it?

nzuraw at lunicus dot org

Hi baron tryed emailing you it would not send to you. Tryed putting link on here not allowed.

Don’t suppose you could try

nzuraw at gmail dot com