Bkool smart pro 1

@Sandy_Thomson Hi! Bkool have abandoned anyone with a slightly older computer and now my SmartPro is virtually useless. I’ve read through the thread and as my firmware is 3.10 do you still have the older version available to download so that I can change the ANT settings?

Many thanks

Simon

2 Likes

No problem, I’ve sent you the details

1 Like

@Sandy_Thomson You’re a top man, many thanks!

If I ever meet you I’ll buy you a beer :beers: :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

From what i see you’re the man with the answers :smiley:
I’ve just got a Bkool pro (black) from a friend and i’ve tried nearly everything…
Do you have an old version of the simulator, so that i can enable ant fe-c???

1 Like

Sure, I’ve sent you the details

Hi @Sandy_Thomson, i can see you probably have the solution i need for my B kool smart pro 1, so it hopefully can work together with Zwift again. I have the same problem that is written above. Could you please send me the update link for Windows to ANT + FE-C ?
Peter

1 Like

Is this it?

send or post the files please if you could…these files might actually let me use my Bkool trainer again…hahaha.

Same exact boat here…older Mac computer and older Smart Pro w/old firmware! Hopefully the software will get posted again!

No problem, I’ve sent you the details to try it out. Hopefully it’ll work for you.

Thank you so much Sandy. One question…if I’m installing on an older Mac and attempt to install the software without editing the software first wouldn’t I have the option of telling it not to update to newest version or will it attempt to update automatically?

Sandy for future reference…version.dat indeed must be modified to work. However the edit that must be done is no longer changing the 3.53 to 5.32 but rather the 3.53 MUST be changed to 5.64…which is now the most current version!

Great, thanks @Paul_Gallichotte

1 Like

Software load with no issues….however I still don’t see a way to update firmware. Maybe my trainer is too old to update, as Bkool claims?

Hi Roberto…did you ever get this resolved?

If you connect to the trainer using the Bkool Toolkit app, what version of firmware does it say is installed?

I believe I am at version 3.04 of firmware although I am not positive as I understand it the only way the Bkool ToolKit app works is through ant, which I have no way of using a mobile device with the ant dongle attached

Ok, you may be out of luck then as I believe it needs to be 3.06 or higher and some of the older Bkool units cannot upgrade to that version

My trainer does connect, via ant, to the newest Bkool simulator software. Once I get a usb to lightning adapter for my iPad I will try loading the Toolkit.

For those with older Bkool Pro trainer that cannot have the firmware updated be cool will do it for a price here is an email they sent me…” We propose you a refurbish service at a price of € 160 (VAT and shipping costs included). We will replace circuit board and the mechanical parts, and recalibrate the trainer. Please note that in this operation, the casings can be damaged when opening the trainer, especially in older Pro models, so we might need to replace the original casings with those of newer Zycle products, although it will be always compatible with your rack.

If you are interested please make a Bank transfer (no account deposit) for the indicated amount (160€) to the Bank Account number: IBAN ES51 0075 0889 1906 0036 3940, indicating on the Concept: “PRO Refurbish” and your name and surname.”!