Batch download of FIT files

I recently joined Strava and linked it to my Zwift account.
I want to sync all my past Zwift rides to track my progress as Strava allows you to do track that and provides segment tracking as well.
The problem is that even though I can import past FIT files into Strava, Zwift only allows export of FIT fIles one at a time. I’ve done April, but it’s tedious and time consuming, so it would be nice to be able to “batch” download of multiple FIT files from Zwift. 25 would be nice since Strava allows up to 25 to be imported at a time. Thanks!

Can be done from ZwiftPower I believe, if you’re registered.

There’s a standard Windows component which can achieve what you’re trying to do: [BITS]. It has been included in Windows since XP and 2000 SP3.

Run:

bitsadmin.exe :transfer "JobName"download.url:here.exe C:destination:here.exe

The job name is simply the display name for the download job - set it to something that describes what you’re doing.

Fco. Javier, all .fit files which Zwift created during the time when you’ve been using it are stored in the following folder on your PC:

…\Documents\Zwift\Activities

Name of each file starts with the date.

1 Like

I’ll check it out. :pray:

Thanks for the suggestion Andreu, but I am using Apple TV for activities. This raises a good question, do the Zwift activities get recorded somewhere on the Apple TV drive and if so, how does one access them?:person_shrugging:t2:

I just checked my Zwift App on my Apple TV and it is occupying 2GB of storage!

Thanks for the suggestion Byron, but I am using Apple TV for activities.

Unfortunately the function doesn’t work, I just tested it. It seems to go through but when you try to download the zip file ‘generated’ you get an XML access denied error message. :frowning: @xflintx

I have over 500 rides on Zwift that I would like to transfer to Garmin Connect. I wish I had transferred them all as I went from the start.

No way am I doing them individually but I really would like to have a complete history of activities outside of Strava.

You can bulk import files into Garmin Connect if you are using Windows.

I presume this would work using the .fit files stored on a computer?

Unfortunately I’ve used a mixture of Windows/Mac machines over the years to Zwift. As the rides are stored on my account and Strava I sadly never felt the need to keep a copy of activities from my computers.

Perhaps you could use the Strava bulk export to get your data?

This might work. Any idea if Garmin Connect will ignore duplicate activities or is there a simple way to filter the bulk download from Strava?

The problem is that even though I can import past FIT files into Strava, Zwift only allows export of FIT fIles one at a time. I’ve done April, but it’s tedious and time consuming, so it would be nice to be able to “batch” download of multiple FIT files from Zwift. 25 would be nice since Strava allows up to 25 to be imported at a time. Thanks!

I’ve done April, but it’s tedious and time consuming, so it would be nice to be able to “batch” download of multiple FIT files from Zwift. 25 would be nice since Strava allows up to 25 to be imported at a time. Thanks!spotiflyer.net

What machine do you use to run Zwift?

Email support and make a request for a copy of all your data? They should have a method to provide this to satisfy GDPR requirements.

You can sorta kinda maybe get around this. I never got the zip file to work, so instead i got the .txt from zwiftpower that describes all my FIT files - you’ll notice that it’s just a text file with a bunch of HTTPS links to an S3 bucket (the same links as when you hit the download icon). I think it’s in reverse order to what you’ll see in ZP so oldest is at the top.

From there i just wrote up a quick shell script to parse the file and download them one by one - noting that i didn’t do any kind of rate limiting since i only had to pull a dozen but I half recall the last time i did a giant batch i started to get access denied responses which might be me looking like some kind of overly aggressive bot (am human, honest).

(if you want I can possibly just bash together a powershell or bash script for that and stick in a 45s wait time or something respectful like that)