Ban the Tron e-bikes from races

I am very curious as to why you repeatedly refer to the Tron as an ‘e-bike’. It is not an e-bike. It is just one of the many bikes available in the Zwift universe, all of which are human powered.

6 Likes

Interested to know how you got to 14seconds? What route did you use?

1 Like

trolling? :japanese_goblin:

2 Likes

Obviously calculations are based in the Zwiftinsider tests I posted where I talk about that time. :roll_eyes:

But I already know what you want: to question the source or look for some pretext as you always do when the data is not adequate for your arguments (Zwift is perfect as it is, no changes please) …

If you want, come. I will say that the Tron bike is exact to others or the worst bike in the game.

But as Zwift is just a video game, let some organisers to make races with the same bike or Tron-bikes-free, just for playing.

REMEMBER: Nobody is forced to participate on them!!!

I still don’t see how you got to 14seconds?

I have the Tron and many times I don’t use it in races. It is not the best bike always.

1 Like

Oh, sorry if I offended you, or the e-bike users, also human powered “mostly”… :joy:
I said e-bike for the Tron bike because it helps somehow, electronically? magnetic? who knows… but wait if you prefer, we can say “fiction bike”.

There are fiction bikes and reality based bikes in the game.

And of course, it’s clear Zwift is not in any case a “cycling simulator”, so we have to learn “how the game is”… no worries.

Man, I asked you if you consider 2500 seconds are the time we can talk for a 30km race, remember?

Well, if the time for the test was 3048 seconds for the Tarmac SL7+Zipp and 20 seconds faster for the Tron bike… you only have to extrapolate that difference to 2500seconds in the 30km race, isn’t it?

No because you don’t know how the 30km route look like?

1 Like

I knew you will did this! :joy: :joy:
So routes are different…etc etc.
Everything to invalidate data… :smirk:

If you want, we can calculate a route you choose.
For the flat we can use this data from the Zwiftinsider test, and for climbs we can use the data for climbs.
No problem…
But if I do that work, sure yo will say that will be only for that route, or even I calculate all Watopia routes… you won’t stop. I’m absolutely sure.

Ok, so the Tron is around 0.6% quicker than the SL7/808 combination that you’ve chosen. Do you think that’s really significant when your drafting efficiency or your overall power is likely to vary a lot compared with the other riders?

I think you’re putting way too much emphasis on just the bike when there are many other much more significant factors likely to determine the result.

4 Likes

Ok so if you use the data for a flat route then there are 2 bikes faster than the TRON.
If you use climbs then there is a bunch of bikes Faster?

So why ban the TRON if for flat and for climbs there is bikes that is faster than the TRON?

2 Likes

Offended? Hardly. I’m just very confused by your relentless pursuit of such a trivial thing

4 Likes

Wow, this was possibly the weirdest thread I’ve seen on here. The Tron is one of the very good bikes, and is the best bike you can get earliest for most races, as all you need to do is a bunch of climbing, you can get the Tron long before you get to the levels to get ‘normal’ bikes that are competitive with it. Lower level riders will be more disadvantaged, not less.

2 Likes

That info isn’t correct
There are more than one bike faster than the tron
Venge, S5, felt AR, Madone …

2 Likes

Yeah where are you pulling 14 seconds from?

Also the zwiftinsider tests are TT style, no drafting… 14 seconds from the test data doesn’t equal 14 seconds difference in your race results

5 Likes

Maybe is not for the results.
And maybe you think I’m saying that I loose because the bikes?
Why people always think the others wants things because are “bad” for themselves?
In fact, I won or 2nd in the most of races last days, even against Tron light bikes…

Have you thought that many people don’t like the aesthetics? :joy:

You too? :pleading_face: :joy: :joy:
Why you think I want Tron-bikes-free events because my race results? :joy:

Well, as you think I want that for my race results, then I will think you use a Tron bike.
So, if there is no advantage, why choose it always for the races as most people do? :smirk: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :joy: :joy:

Well, if there is NO advantage with the Tron bike, nor even marginal gain:

Why so much resistance to the possibility of that bike can be banned for some events???
Can’t understand!!!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :joy:

Matches my socks (whichever pair I chose), they look cool, and people that dont have them dont like those of us that do :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Maybe so much relentless, proportional to the BIG resistance I found to an inocent idea, a trivial thing.

You totally right!
A so much trivial thing, as if there is no advantage (or hardly relevant in comparison with other factors…) why so much resistance to the idea of cleaning of lights some races?