Automatic Update & Mobile Sync Issues

FYI - You should prompt users if they wish to receive an patch update. #1, missed an event ride due to the update. #2 in messed with my mobile app syncing with the app during a normal ride - unable to control directions, communicate, etc. 

Without the update you would end up with a mismatch between the client and the server and you would not be able to connect. Forcing you to be at a certain update to connect to a server is standard for online games/apps. If Zwift had an offline mode I could see skipping the update but as of now the updates are required.

Thanks Paul. I get that. But now my mobile app is not properly syncing with the “game” during a ride. I have stopped riding, restarted both devices, connected, started riding, no sync. I performed an uninstall and re-install of the mobile app, and repeated the process - no sync. So not sure what more I can do at this point.

Make sure both devices are on the same WiFi network.

Paul, I work for Aruba Networks. I have tried by SSID(s) on my home wifi system. The mobile app is working - tested by switching to airplane mode and only using wifi. And obviously the web app is working. Both on the same network and both on the same login account.  This was not an issue prior to the automatic patch.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I had a similar issue awhile ago and I had to split my Wifi signal into 2 different access points, one for 5 GHz and one for 2.4 GHz. I make sure that the PC and the Phone are on the same access point and it seemed to resolve the issue. Another thing to look at might be your computers firewall being the issue.