Audio echoing and VERY LOUD [1.31] [November 2022] [SOLVED]

I had the New York problem, this was in Windows 10.

My (short and quick before my race) analysis was that the Zwift audio settings were being ignored and the audio was being sent to the system audio at 100%. Effectively this was overdriving the audio and producing distortion.

I opened the system Audio mixer and could verify that I could change the Zwift audio level there, but the distortion was always present. So simply turned it all the way down to zero. Which left the rest of the system audio working correctly.

The other issue I saw in New York and Crit City was the whiplash camera effect (shades of 2017!!) back in spades. Easily be seen switching between the front and rear view.

Haven’t seen that in a year or two, so didn’t have the motion sickness pills ready :slight_smile:

Similar issue today running in New York. I typically keep my volume at zero to allow for listening to Apple Music. The volume sliders were at zero, but was hearing birds chirping, helicopters and ambient noise that was overpowering Apple Music. Would rather listen to music than the game so had to eventually just close the app. Didn’t try any other cities. This was on iPhone 14 pro max with all latest updates.

1 Like

Please help!!! My zwift app on my MacBook just updated and now the world sounds won’t turn off or even turn down. Any suggestions? I’ve tried turning sounds off and down in settings but it makes no difference.

Thanks loads

1 Like

Same with me since previous update. Then it suddenly went away, but came back with latest update.

I am not sure if this is helpful, but I think I might share it.

Zwift reduces the volume in general of all other programs running (but I only noticed this on my music player) while I am in New York and the birds, planes, traffic sounds are obnoxiously loud in general.
On the other hand, everything is fine in Makuri Islands.

I definitely noticed this today, audio levels all over the place, in all 3 locations.

This is not an option for Mac users. The MacOS has a notoriously basic feature missing- application specific volume sliders.

1 Like

Add Crit City to the test list as well. Got some noisy birds over there.

1 Like

I second the Crit City birds too. Volume sliders did nothing.

1 Like

It’s the same problem for Mauri Isl as well. And its present even while riding using “Riders choice” and alone (not group ride or race)

Adding to the seagull issue. On ATV I am finding that whenever a pesky seagull flys over head, If I have music playing through the TV, the music cuts out and the seagulls take over. Sound is being played through Sonos. But having to keep switching the sound back to my music is a little frustrating.

Keep up the great work everyone.

I had this problem in innsbruck today, but it was fine in makuri although the sounds were still on and I have ingame sounds turned off. I couldn’t hear spotify over it in innsbruck.

If it helps for troubleshooting purposes, I did both rides during the same session today, Innsbruck first and then Makuri, without exiting the client. Moving the volume sliders from on to off again changed nothing

Rode New York yesterday after a few days of inactivity due to a injury, and it was terrible.
Seems like the hovering ‘copters’/drones was the source of the sound, and everything was extremely loud. Tried adjusting in-game audio volume by the sliders, but there was no way of either muting or reducing the sound output.
Hope the issue will be patched quickly!

Hi,

I’ve just finished loading the latest update and the background game noise is on permanently, despite it being switched off in settings. Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas etc? Thanks.

Wow, experiencing the same. So annoying. Just started 4 days ago after my last update.

only in new york. wildly annoying… what a mess

oh shoot really? that’s the city I’ve been using these past 2 days…thanks for the tip

Me too. Rode NY Everything Bagle today and the sound nearly knocked me off my bike! Talked to support and they acknowledged the issue. Hopefully there will be a fix this week.

This occurs for me when using an AppleTV. I experienced this today in New York (Knickerbocker Reverse). FWIW, I did not experience it yesterday in Watopia but I cannot confirm if my app had updated or not at that point.

One thing to note is that I typically listen to music over Airplay from my phone through the AppleTV while I’m Zwifting, with the in-game/world audio on (albeit attenuated slightly in settings). Before today, I had a perfect mix (for my tastes) between my music and the in-game audio. Today everything was ruined – I could not hear my music over the noise that the other posters in this thread have already described. I’m hoping for a quick fix and that the experience is back to where it was before!