[ATV] German GUI issues

With the new updated Apple TV App a couple of new bugs appear:

1.) Issue with german umlaut “ß”, it is a blank space.

2.) The personal record list is missing the user name, and the time is replaced by “X” as placeholder.

3.) The interface shows distance covered in miles, although the unit is set to “kilometer/km” and instead of the time the placeholder “X” appears again.

Don’t get me wrong, but these are very obvious bugs, which should never appear in the release version of the app. Maybe you should check the code more closely.

@Erik_Schumacher
Thank you for the feedback. I’ve flagged your comments to the right team.

1 Like

@shooj Thank you. Today I found another one:

1 Like

@Erik_Schumacher
Thanks for the update - this is a case of glyphs missing from the font family, and we are working on getting them.

2 Likes

Just a reminder

• Update: v1.0.50775. The above issue is not fixed, 30.05.20
  • Update: v1.0.51959. The above issue is not fixed, 14.06.20
  • Update: v1.0.53005. The above issue is not fixed, 27.06.20 - I have added a new GUI issue.
  • Update: v1.0.53416. The above issue is not fixed, 09.07.20

Remark: It says a lot about quality management if such trivial errors are not corrected promptly.

This GUI issue can be found in the macOS Zwift Client.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-28 um 20.32.11

4 Likes

Hi,

I’m not sure why these issues that haven’t been there untill a certain update are so hard to fix. They are still there (not just in Apple TV version, I use Windows 10) and have not been fixed with several updates that have been released afterwards.

Just a hint for the “missing glyphs issue”: It is always possible zu spell a German “ß” as a “ss”.

I’m sure that every Zwifter using the German UI would be very pleased by having these things fixed. Thanks!

Tom

4 Likes

Another update today, even an update with fixes for translation issues, but German UI still not fixed. :disappointed:

1 Like

The problem with the “ß” has been fixed with the last update (thank you). Other issues with the German UI are still there, e.g. the “3 vor X Wochen” in the 30-days-PR-window, which should be “vor 3 Wochen”:

2 Likes

I can confirm this, thank you Thomas.

As a reminder:

Several updates later the issue with the German UI in the 30-days-PR-window is still present.

Tom

@Thomas_Nuthmann
Thanks for the nudge. I’ve forwarded this to our localization team.

[loc-189]

3 Likes

After finishing a segment a list of PRs is shown. Unfortunately there is an error!
It should be „vor 9 Min.“ (9 mins ago) and not „9 vor X Min.“ ( X mins ago 9).
I don’t know if this error is only in the German translation or also in the original Game.

Hello @Kristoff_KUD welcome to Zwift forums.

This sounds like a known issue already being worked on, so I merged your question into this thread.

@shooj I just wonder that the bug has not been fixed, even though it has been known since at least April 2020. Simply replace the text “vor X Min.” with “Min. her”. Couldn’t be easier

I wish is were as simple as just changing text. What’s displayed is a calculation that requires changes to the underlying code. Making code changes without thorough review means this can break for all other languages. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you Shuji for letting us know that this issue is being dealt with.

Tom

OMG, noticed yesterday that Zwift has finally fixed this bug. After 1,7 years. I had already given up hope.

Tom

3 Likes

And here we go again: new update in April and the German “ß” ist missing again. How long will we have to wait this time to get it back?

Zwift, do us all a favour and simply write “ss” instead. It is valid in German language too and you don’t have to care about the “ß” anymore.

Tom

3 Likes