Assistance with Wahoo Kickr

so if your flywheel is spinning 45mph on flat ground how do you generate more watts? do you manually add resistance? i produce too much unrecognized flywheel spin.

is the only way to avoid this by riding erg mode?

im riding a fuji absolute 7.0 tire size 32-622. my power is setup as well as controllable. when i do the calibration all my speed is recognized but when i play zwift half or less is being input

i never tried doing a spindown within the wahoo fitness app. im going to try that tonight and see what that results. if it behaves the same ill set my input to erg watts to 400w and see how that works out.

Always use the Wahoo app for spindowns, not the calibration within Zwift. Also, make sure to warm up the trainer for 10 minutes first, then do the spindown.

2 Likes

I am suspecting this is my actual issue.

Your flywheel speed and in game speed will not match. The power determine the speed.

It sound like you don’t have enough base resistance. What gearing do you use?

What is your FTP set at, I think FTP has some influence to base resistance.

When I was using my sunny dumb trainer with wahoo censors I was capped at 400 watts. Since I was biking everywhere at max cadence 100rpms the game gave me 350 or more FTP. I thought about using the smart trainer and doing an ftp test. I was wondering if that could be messing up my resistance as well.

How long does it take to perform an FTP test 1 hour? That’s a bit long for my taste. I would rather just be issued one through gameplay.

my watts was 400w
my speed censor was putting me at my real world pace of 20mph.
My cadence censor seemed pretty accurate at my 100 rpms.

My new kickr has me at 85rpm, 120 watts, 15mph in zwift. However when performing a calibration in zwift my 85 rpms same gear results in 25 mphs easily.

If your FTP is already high then it is not the issue.

If you want Zwift to set your FTP you will have to lower it first, Zwift will only update your FTP once you exceed the current FTP.

I was wondering that. I would like it to be “accurate” for my new smart trainer. How do you clear your current rating?

2 Likes

zwift still doesnt register my speed anywhere near accurately. I have gotten used to how it works a little but it’s just plain weird. going up 3% grades my best strategy is do 3 power kicks and stop pedaling while waiting for my kickr flywheel to stop then do another 3 power kicks. and stop for another full second or two. im putting out a steady 350 or more watts woth that strategy. but flats still dont seem to have a good answer. my flywheel still spins out of control and i can only realistically put in 100watts. let me know if anybody can help otherwise i guess im just stuck playing like this.

my spindown result was 25 seconds 115 F. it didnt seem to make any difference. i found out u cant ride normally in erg mode. anybody know how to add resistance to flats?

Can you upload or link to a picture of your pairing screen?

im not technically too great. ibtried uploading a picture to this but it didnt let me. how do i upload pics to link here?

Now that you’ve posted here a few times the forum system should allow you to upload a picture. It restricts it initially for new accounts but you should be ok now

it says “you cant embed media items in posts”

When you reply to a message do you see the little picture frame icon about half way across the menu, just to the right of </>?

Or have you tried dragging the picture into the reply box?

im using the mobile app. bottom right of my posts i tried the picture frame. it gives me that error message.