Appletv still crashes while saving ride

Yeah, did that yesterday.
Very first ride this morning, 105k group ride, I ocntinue to ride on for 5k for cool down. Menu, end ride, save …
And Zwift promptly disappears

So then I have to start Zwift again, Log in, yes I want to resume the interrupted ride, menu, end ride, save

It’s getting troublesome and I’m pretty damn sure the problem is NOT on my end.

It’s too consistent with the exact same symptoms every single time, to be a network glitch or whatever.

Have you reported this to Zwift support? Even though there are no accessible client logs on ATV, they can look at their server logs.

1 Like

Yeah, sent a message yesterday

1 Like

So, thought I’d try something else today. Did a double TOW Stage 3 Shorter ride back to back.
Joined the first event, did the lap and kept pedaling away until a couple of minutes before the start of the second event.
Instead of ending the ride, I just clicked the ‘Go to event’ button in the lower left and lo and behold the active activity ended, saved ans synced and I joined the new event flawlessly.

So, I happily rode the second event and figured I could try even another way of ending the ride. So when I crossed the banner I came to a stop and stopped the ride using the Companion App, clicking the save button on there too, not touching the Apple TV remote.
Guess what? The app on the Apple TV crashed instantly

But, to my surprise, unlike other times when the app crashed, this time the ride did get saved and synced.
Although, mysteriously, as I started the app again and logged back on, I did still get the whole ‘your ride was interrupted, do you want to resume’ prompt :thinking:

Got a somewhat standard response from Zwift.
We’re working on bug fixes, until then check your WiFi or reinstall the app

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting this issue!

I’ve checked with our team and they’re working on a fix for a known issue with app crashes on the Apple TV.

While there isn’t a work-around for this issue as of yet, the fix will come from our end and all you should have to do is keep your Zwift app up to date. There’s no official time frame as to when a fix can be expected, but there’s a chance that some Apple TV app crash issues may be resolved in the next update, so let us know if the problem continues after the next update; there’s likely to be another Zwift app update before the end of the month.

The only other thing I might suggest if you haven’t tried it already is deleting the Zwift app and installing a fresh copy from the app store. Maybe that’ll help.

Also, make sure your Apple TV has a strong WiFi connection to your router. Though internet connection issues shouldn’t ever cause your app to crash, I know that WiFi dropouts can result in problems saving your activity, especially if your app is freezing or hanging when you go to save. So, double-check that.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue improving Zwift. Please let us know if there’s anything else that you need assistance with; we’re always happy to help!
Steven D.
Member Experience Agent
Zwift

I have the exact same issue with my Appletv setup. Very frustrating. Hope the update will fix the bug. I have tried all the suggestions above with no success.