Apple TV update results in

Great news and thank you so much! Apple breaks/upsets the apple cart once again!

Not sure if it could be the same issue or not but the GEM Treadmill unit is now not visible in Zwift when using the Apple TV.
iPhone and iPad work fine with the GEM treadmill unit

Good news - Zwift Game updated released on Apple TV, takes care of issues with bluetooth treadmill connections. Give it a try, and let me know if youā€™re still finding any issues.

Thanks so much for your patience!

2 Likes

Thanks, that`s great news! I assume we are waiting on Apple now to approve the update - if so, in a day or two?
Cheers!

Thatā€™s awesome, thanks for the update @Josie.L . Doesnā€™t appear on mine yet, but Iā€™ll check again in the morning and report back as soon as I get it.

I may be wrong Alan, But I think some bug fixes can bypass the lengthy review process and take a quick route. Hope so at least!

I tried this out before leaving for work but nothing changed, so will try again tomorrow.

Seems to be working. Zwift definitely recognised the treadmill, but then I fell into the dreaded ā€œNo more connections available would you like to use the companion appā€ loop when I tried to pair my Stryd for cadence. Couldnā€™t get out of that so I ended up proxying through the companion anyway.

Iā€™ll give it another shot at lunch time but it looks like its sorted :slight_smile: Thanks @Zwift - Now if we could get a button to ā€œdrop all connectionsā€ so that we could just re-pair everything through the ATV instead of the companion appā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Thank you to all at Zwift for sorting this out. Itā€™s now working as it should!
Re: Bluetooth limited connections - it has only ever picked up 2 BLE devices, the treadmill and either heart rate monitor or cadence. I did request a feature back some time ago that would at least allow you to decide in favour of HR monitor instead of cadence, but that never happened.
The limitation is an Apple problem as the remote control hogs one of three in total devices, but the choice for the others could be made possible by Zwift?

Just update Zwift on my ATV and it nows sees my GEM treadmill unit.
It sees it as two different treadmills but i donā€™t mind as one of them works :slight_smile:

@Josie.L The problem has indeed been solved. :+1: Thank you so much for the quick repair. Now Iā€™m an even bigger Zwift fan than before!

1 Like