Apple TV positioning

(Brad Powers) #1

I have my trainer about 10 to 12 feet from my Apple TV. My Apple TV is behind my tv and getting sporadic power. Better to but in front maybe?

(David Gibbs (Red Rider)) #2

You’re using the ATV’s Bluetooth to connect to your trainer?

Consider using the companion app to gate your Bluetooth to the ATV instead. Much more reliable & easy to use, IMO.

(Brad Powers) #3

That’s correct. Direct from Apple TV to trainer. I would use the companion app to bridge the connection, but it looks like that won’t activate unless I have more than 2 bluetooth connections on the apple tv. I haven’t reached that limit. Is there a way to force all the connections to go through the companion app on my phone then to the apple tv?

(David Gibbs (Red Rider)) #4

I’m not at home right now, so I can’t check to be sure, but I’m pretty sure you can force Zwift on ATV to use the companion app.

I’ll double check when I get home tonight.

(Brad Powers) #5

Thanks! I haven’t found a way.

(Sean S.) #6

In order to use the Companion app to pair on Apple TV, you will need to exceed the pairing limit by having 3 or more sensors paired. Otherwise, there is no way to force Zwift to use the Companion app to pair.

(David Gibbs (Red Rider)) #7

Unfortunately you are correct … there doesn’t appear to be a way to force Zwift on ATV to use the companion app until you exhaust it’s Bluetooth connections.