Apple TV not saving rides [SOLVED]

Just got an apple TV 4k to run zwift, but rides are not saving using either the apple TV app or the companion app.

When I save the ride it shows as saving, but stays on the companion ap as a ride in progress.

I’ve updated the apple software and reinstalled zwift with no luck.

Any easy fix for this?

You mention that you just got the ATV. Were you using Zwift previously on a different device? If so, make sure you are logged out of that device as this sounds like the behavior of being logged in on multiple devices at the same time.

Used zwift for a couple of years on a laptop.

Definitely not logged in twice.

@PaulH_117

Shuji at Zwift HQ here. I’m looking at your server logs for today Jan 4. The thing that catches my attention is that there’s one login event from the Apple TV, but a series of subsequent unmatched log out events. Each log in should have a matching log out. I’m not sure how that’s happening.

You may want to purge the cache on your Apple TV. If that’s not an option on your generation of ATV, the next best thing is to uninstall Zwift and reinstall it.

Even without this oddity - you must ride at least 2.6 km / run 0.8 km in Zwift for a session to save. Some other reasons why a session may not save are covered in this support hub article

Re installed zwift and all works now.

1 Like

@PaulH_117

Thank you for reporting back. We like hearing successful resolutions.