Apple TV Crash While Using Zwift

Since yesterday, my Apple TV will crash and restart while using Zwift. It usually occurs about 15-25 minutes into a workout and free ride mode. Both apple tv and zwift are up to date. No error messages appear. I have read that it might be overheating, but apple tv is in a cool area with fan.

Has anyone else experienced issue similar to this? I tried reinstalling zwift but that didn’t solve the problem.

When you say ‘crash’ do you mean that it just stops working and returns you to the main ATV page, or something else?

The Apple TV will freeze for a moment and turn off and then back on again

1 Like

If you have manually double checked that Apple TV OS and Zwift are the latest and greatest, then that sounds like your Apple TV is overheating and/or has some other issue.

You can try resetting the Apple TV to factory default and updating if it needs to via the settings:

1. Open Settings on the Apple TV.
  2. Go to System > Reset, then select Reset and Update.

Selecting this option restores your Apple TV to factory settings, erases all settings and information, and updates to the latest tvOS version.

If it continues to have issue, I would contact Apple support.

A quiet thread but I’ve lost my last 3 workouts. It’s got to the point where I’m not using zwift and just riding outside.
Essentially I need to log back in to my account every time I open the app on my Apple TV and it just hangs when it is time to upload the workout.
The lost data is incredibly annoying and I’m pretty surprised the experience is this buggy

I recommend resetting your Apple TV to put it back to factory settings and reinstalling Zwift again. This usually fixes the issue where it is making you enter your password every time.

Also, make sure you always force-quit Zwift after every use. Don’t leave it permanently running in the background.