Apple TV and Elite Drivo

Hi,

I have a issue with the Elite Drivo,

When using the device on my iPad or Apply TV (Bluetooth) the resistance is super easy at 0-1%

When reaching a hill the resistance goes to the opposite end of the spectrum and become impossible to turn the gears! So I then have to change the trainer difficulty. Even the the resistance seems all over the place.

For instance in a race at 300W I’m just spinning out on the flat hardest gear on bike and trainer difficulty at 30%.

This haze been brought up on the elite forums and the staff keep saying it’s a zwift issue!

No one want to take responsibility of this problem! Please some give some information…?

When on windows and using ant+ it work flawlessly.

Hi Brennen,
I was curious to know if you ever got a resolution to your issue.

I also use ATV and have found using the built in bluetooth works slightly better than the companion app, but ANT+ and a laptop is better still.

I’m struggling to find a definitive answer that confirms Zwift can fully control Drivo using BLE and not just ANT+ FE-C.
The info on this page on the zwift support site is the nearest I’ve got.
ant-and-ble-overview-B1S1BVgr

It says;

iOS ANT+ Bridge

For iOS, the process is slightly different. Zwift includes partial support for ANT+ on iOS, the exception being that you cannot get controlled resistance from a trainer. If you’re planning on using ANT+ on iOS, you have a few different options to bridge the signal:

I’d appreciate hearing any tips you discovered.
Many thanks.
DD

My Apple TV works fine over Bluetooth with my Elite Zumo. I don’t see why it would be different with a Drivo.

Also, Apple TV doesn’t run iOS (it runs TvOS), and that article is unlikely to be talking about Apple TV.

I’ve tried my Drivo with a laptop and ANT+. Infinitely better response and behaviour from the trainer.
Don’t know if it’s the BT of the trainer or ATV, but something doesn’t work quite right.