Experiencing little resistance with Elite Drivo

(F. ATLad. PacK/NEO?) #1

I have just purchased the elite drivo, which I am regretting now.
The main issue is very little resistance, I connect through Bluetooth and Apple TV . Using a computer and ant+ is not possible as I don’t own a laptop or computer.
I have been using zwift for 2 years and was using a tacx bushido with no problems.
Is this an issue that is going to be resolved ASAP or are we banging our heads against a brick wall.

0 Likes

Current Issues with Elite Direto Trainers
(Steven) #2

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had some troubles with resistance when pairing the Elite Drivo to Zwift using Bluetooth (BLE). This article from the Zwift Support Hub has the most current available information about this particular known issue. Regrettably, we don’t have a time frame as to when these issues are going to be resolved. I wish I had better news for you but currently, the recommended workaround for the Elite Drivo trainer is to use ANT+ and a supported computer (Mac or PC) for Zwift.

0 Likes

(F. ATLad. PacK/NEO?) #3

Your a star. I think I might go down the ant+ route as I’m sure everything will be laid to rest in the near future. Still loving zwift for exercise and making good buddies.

Ride on

Regards

Paul

0 Likes

(Andrew) #4

Have a read of the elite forums re resistance issues and Drivo. This has been ongoing for some time. I would return my Drivo if I could.
I have experienced issues in erg mode using both ant+ and ble.
Elite and zwift blame each other in the correspondence I’ve had with them. Very disappointing.

0 Likes

(Alexis Paradis) #5

I am experiencing the same issue of resistance with the Elite Direto using Ant+ with my macbook pro. Two weeks ago I had similar issues using the Bluetooth so I bought myself a Garmin Ant+ off Amazon and from there, for the last week, it worked very good until today when I did the Zwift update. I started my training using ERG and 6 minutes later I was disconnected/impaired. When I went to pair my bike again, it did, but it gave me wrong numbers like 155rpm at 3500w. I tried with Bluetooth instead and it did the same. What’s going on ? I hope someones omniscient reads this. My friend with a Wahoo has issues too, not so sure Elite is to blame.

0 Likes

(Soren Bay | FUSION ECT) #6

Hi Steven,
I have the same problem i.e. too little resistance on my Direto. I am pairing it with ANT+ and using a PC.
If I try to enter a race using the Direto, I quickly find myself spinning out in the 53/11 gear so it is basically useless for racing.

Cheers, Soren

0 Likes

(Jonathan) #7

Hi Steven, I’m having the same problem, do you have a link to AN+ device?

0 Likes

(Steven) #8

Hi everyone,

For those of you who’ve encountered resistance issues when pairing your Elite Drivo to Zwift via ANT+, even though the symptoms may appear to be similar, it’s not the same issue as the Bluetooth (BLE) problem.

If you’re having resistance issues with the Drivo and you use a computer with an ANT+ connection for Zwift, I recommend that please submit a support ticket if you haven’t already done so, and one of our support agents will be happy to take a closer look at this matter.

0 Likes

(Gustavo ) #9

I have the elite drivo I&II. No resistance issues using bluetooth or ant+ through PC. Bluetooth zwift through Android works well.

The ant+ is a tricky standard and the cable receiver needs to be less than one feet from the trainer transmitter to work right.

0 Likes