Apple TV 4K sound not working

Bought an ATV 4K about a week ago. About 50% of the time there is no sound. No game sound, no menu sounds. I usually end the ride and restart. ATV has sound once out of zwift. Restart, and it works…until this morning. I restarted a few times and the sound never came back. Any ideas?

Check your sound settings in the Apple TV settings. If set incorrectly, you can have this kind of problem.

If using your TV speakers, then you should probably also check if your TV firmware/software needs updating.

Also manually check your TV OS is updated along with the Zwift app.

Rob, I’ve got the same thing happening mate. The sound works fine for every other ATV App but is relatively hit and miss with Zwift.

Not sure that any settings are actually to blame as I’ve gone through them as well. Let’s see what the next update brings but until then I guess we just have to “put up with the BUG”.

Thanks. No issues with any other apps on ATV, or the tv. Appreciate the help.

After posting, I found another post on this issue. That post recommended force closing the app instead of just exiting the app and logging back in. Here’s a link.

i have this problem but with the ATV itself… when it happens i just switch in and out of the TV input- switch the remote to a different HDMI input, switch back to the one your ATV is on, then sound returns for me

You should always force quit the Zwift app as well as the Companion app between rides. This includes back to back Zwift sessions such as riding for 30min and then deciding to join a race. Force quitting will save you a lot of trouble.

1 Like

Lin,

Thanks for this hint… I’m pretty sure it does solve the issue for one session. Like you’ve pointed out I need to do that after every session. I’ll make sure I do that from now on.

sometimes i get this.

try pressing the “siri” button on the remote -the one which sticks out- that usually fixes it for me

2 Likes

Thx for the tip! Not asking how and why, but it solved this issue for me as well. Must of course be a bug and I hope Zwift will deliver a more sustainable solution

For anyone who found that nothing above helped, my problem was that I had paired a some bluetooth headphones with Apple TV. It seemed that even when the headphones were not connected Zwift sometimes tried to use them. One I removed the headphones, zwift sound worked again.