Anyone else having issues with bluetooth through companion app as of late?

Hi @William_Harrison1

I definitely get your frustrations, especially since the ZC BLE bridge was working fine for you before the recent updates.

The reason why I asked about your specific model Moto G8 Power Lite Android is because I saw another post on the Forums here where another Zwifter reported what appears to be a similar issue when using the same model Android device for ZC. It could be a coincidence or it could be a potential trend, but that’s what I’m trying to establish.

Since I’m not a Zwift developer and am merely a humble Zwift support agent, I don’t personally fix things having to do with Zwift that are broken from a programming standpoint, but try to do my best to identify trends and report them to the people at Zwift who do fix things. If I ask for more information from Zwifters or for Zwifters to try specific things, I generally make every effort to have a good reason for doing so. Either way, thanks for sharing the information and I’ll do my best to get some attention on this.

Hi @Kim_Eik

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that the patch seems to have resolved the issue for you!

Ride On.

Thanks Steven. Testing another Android device with the ZC app is definitely on my “to do” list. Don’t know where, or how, I’ll get my hands on one, but I’ll try.

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately I can report the same symptoms as Kim Eik, after the recent update.

Hardware/software: kickr snap, garmin speed 2/cadence 2, garmin hrm dual, apple tv 4k, iphone 13-iOs 17.1. All components running on latest software. All BLE equipment on new batteries.

After the recent zwift update I can no longer bridge equipment via zwift companion app(ZC).

WHEN CONNECTED VIA APPLE TV:

I can connect everything fine via apple tv, but obviously limited by the two connections.

When kickr snap(smart trainer) is connected i have to choose either hrm or cadence sensor. Both hrm and cadence sensor reports good data when connected.

WHEN CONNECTED VIA ZWIFT COMPANION:

Seems totally random if ZC recognizes kickr snap, and lets me connect to it. Normally resolved by force shut both ZC and Zwift app on Apple TV.

When connection is established with the smart trainer, ZC normally do not see other BLE equipment, i.e hrm and cadence sensor.

IF zc sees the BLE equipment, i can connect to one of them not both. If connected to one, then ZC no longer sees the other BLE equipment. If i connect to the hrm it reports good data. If i connect to the cadence sensor it connects, but reports no data/no signal.

I’ve read up and down different forums, tried different recommended solutions but so far to no luck.

As it is now i can only rely on connections established via Apple TV, and then limited to two connections.

Every workout starts with a frustrating amount of time trying to connect different equipment, so far without any luck.

The problems started after the recent update, it was working fine before.

Please advice.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Can confirm as written here: Game Update 1.51 [October 2023] - #153 by C_hristoph_SZR

I can report EXACTLY the same issues as the last person on this thread regarding Apple TV. I have bought the play controllers and it appears that using them with the heart rate monitor and trainer is a horrific exercise. What is the solution?

@Steven_D

Any update on this one?

As of now we are paying for something not provided.

Kind regards

Rune

I have also been struggling with the Companion bridge issue with my Apple devices. Spent a considerable time with Tacx support to diagnose and eventually conclude it was a Zwift issue. It’s been months! The connection worked seamlessly for years so I don’t know how that was messed up.

Which devices are you pairing?

Companion on iPhone, but the same issues with Zwift whether playing on iPad or Apple TV. Trainer is connecting to my phone, and phone is connecting to Zwift, but the trainer won’t register as connected to Zwift through Companion. Sometimes as I unplug and replug my trainer I will get a connection on Zwift, but it will say “no data.“ And I have to continue unplugging because that status does not resolve.

Will the trainer pair directly to Zwift, not using Companion?

Yes, it turns out it will connect directly, once my phone has disconnected from the trainer. Oddly, force killing Companion does not necessarily break the BT connection with the trainer. The trainer only connects through apps and not the phone settings pairing so I would expect it to immediately disconnect.