ANT+ Update

Doesn’t work with my galaxy s10e. Bluetooth or ant+ with my kinetic r1 trainer. Rouvy works fine though.

Hi,
Regarding Ant+ with Zwift v1.0. 44414 on my Samsung A50 Android 9:

• Garmin cadence and
  • Elite Turno (Misuro B+) Power and cadence
    work very unstable. Most times there are No Signal text on devices icon or system like timeout message popups. Devices sometimes are only visible but not usable. Rarery they are randomly usable.
    I found that after connecting trainer to Elite MyEtraining at first, statistically there are more chance to successfull connect to Zwift finally. But not always. There is a lottery.
    But everything is OK with Zwift on PC with Garmin ant+ dongle. As well on Garmin Edge 520 transmission is always good.
    Best regards
    Artur

After i updated zwift i’m not able to pair any devices anymore on my samsung tab s4. Pairing is still working on my Samsung a40 phone. What happend and how can i fix this issue? Can i go back to a previous zwift version?

Hello Peter,
Welcome to the Android forum. Sorry for the trouble with pairing.
We have noticed sometimes Location and/or Bluetooth get turned off, and that leads to no scan results. You could also try un-installing the app, and re-installing, and make sure you accept the permissions.
If that doesn’t work, could you please email support@zwift.com and give them your details?
Game version, OS, etc.
Thank you,
Will

After reinstalling several times, resetting the permissions, trying over and over I finally found out the problem. I couldn’t pair the devices via Bluetooth because the location option on my tablet was turned off. Why on earth should that be activated to pair devices?!?!

I’m glad I found out what the cause was and bike safely again :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tips.

Regards

1 Like

Peter, that’s great to hear. Agreed - it seems silly - but that’s the way BLE on android works.

Even more frustrating, after recent OS (or Samsung OneUI) updates, it appears the location icon is now on page 2 of your settings (by default).

In our upcoming update, we’ve tweaked the messaging to inform users they need to turn both bluetooth and Location on.

Ride On,
Will

1 Like

Update: Release 45663 now has ANT+ support for speed/cadence sensors.

[I was unable to edit my initial post at the top, so I’m sharing here]

Let us know how it goes and thanks for all the feedback so far!
Team Zwift

1 Like

Hi Zwill,

Great to read ant+ is support now! I’ve been trying to get back on Zwift via my phone (Huawei P20 Lite) or tablet (Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus). Heart rate and cadance works great with ant+dongle but my garmin speed sensor (V1) only gives speeds incremental. (2,4,7,9,11,13, 15 mph etc). Any ideas?

Thanks keep it up!

Hi Sander,
We haven’t heard any reports re: the incremental readings on Garmin speed sensor V1. That does seem odd. You can email our support team at support@zwift.com if you want to investigate further, but good to share here in case others are encountering.
Thanks for the detailed post, and for riding Zwift Android!
Will

I’m new to Zwift and I was wondering why I can’t connect the ANT+ FE-C in Android… until I found this thread :slight_smile:
Any update on that?

Cheers!
Ximo

ANT+ FEC is currently not featured in Zwift. You will need to connect via ANT+ Power and cadence to move your avatar. If you do not have the powermeter, then ANT+ Speed and Cadence sensors will suffice.

I know, I connected the smart trainer through Bluetooth.
But my setup would be cleaner if FE-C was supported, that’s why I was asking :wink:

I’m trying to use zwift on my Honor 20, everything seems OK, but I’m unable to connect my garmin speed and cadence sensors using the Ant+ for android. The sensors are working correctly as I’m able to connect them to my Edge 510. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

OK, ignore my last post… My phone doesn’t have ant+ :joy::joy: anyway, could anyone tell me if I would be able to use a USB port to micro USB apadtor to connected an ant+ dongle to connect my speed/cadence sensor?

Thanks

It will depend on your phone. I’m doing exactly that with my phone but via USB-C.

The requirement on the phone is to support USB OTG (On The Go) which is true for all the phones I had in the latest times.
As for the adapter, look for one with support for USB OTG as well.

Good luck!

Hi community. I have a Tacx Bushido Wireless T1981 and I tryed to pair with Zwift by ANT+ from my Note 10. I couldn’t find the trainer in the app. Any sugestión for pairing it? Or it is too old trainer ?

Hey, I belive this could well be down to lack of FEC support (as of yet @will_botti am I right?) is sadly the only reason I’m using a rival product.

+1 for ANT+ FE-C support!

1 Like

Good morning to all from Italy! This is my 1st post here, I’m trying to figure out how to connect Ant + sensors to my Android phone.
I have Ant+ HRM, Garmin speed and cadence sensors (latest but no blutooth), a Samsung A3 2017 with integrated ANT+ (tried ant demo and connects to HRM no problem). Everything works fine on my Garmin Edge 520.

Steps done so far:

• Installed Zwift on PC, win 10
  • Installed Zwift Companion on Android

Now I don’t understand how to pair Ant+ sensors on Android, I only see Blutooth Icon at top right on Game screen.
On pc there is pairing screen, but I don’t have Ant+ dongles for Pc and no blutooth sensors, only ant+.
Any help appreciated, thanks!
Marco

Never mind. I solved. My phone is not compatible, I used an A5 and dloaded Zwift, not Zwift companion. It works fine now, see you online!