Android - Running Zwift on Samsung with DeX dock

(Charlie The Bulldog) #1

Has anyone tried running Zwift using a Samsung and DeX dock?

(Charlie The Bulldog) #2

Zwift support, is this even possible?

(Vincent W.) #3

Right now the DeX dock is officially unsupported and we haven’t started testing for it yet. The hope is, in the future it will be fully compatible. :) 

(Andrew Raine) #4

If you mirror the screen using dex then zwift seems to run okay on the big screen. Zwift glitches out and crashes on start up if you try open in Dex mode (not surprising as unsupported) Dex compatability and the ability to use built in ant+ would be absolutely amazing!! My old gaming pc is on its last legs and this looks like it could keep me zwiftinf come winter!!

(Vincent W.) #5

Maybe one day! 

(Dominique Miller) #6

I have used the Galaxy Note 8 using a Dex station and screen mirrored it.  It works great.  But as Andrew says you have to screen mirror it otherwise it will not work on full screen only in a window of the desktop.

And you have to go through the opening and sign-in sequence on the phone and then put it in the cradle.  After that it ran just as well as on my PC.

It would be nice to sort those glitches out and see if it can be added to Samsung Game Tune app list of apps.  Game Tune seems to optimize the games to run on whatever device.  Of course a way to maximize the screen without having to resort to screen mirroring would be good as well.

The other thing that works quite well is the touch pad mode the Note 9 goes into when in the Dex station - if you enable it.  So you don’t even need a mouse as you can just click and double click on the phone.

I expect that now that Dex will run on some Samsung phones without even a Dex station - with nothing more than a HDMI/USB C hub, the phone can be attached to the bike and used as a touch pad.

An Android Zwift was the last thing I needed in order to replace my PC, which I have given to my daughter to use.  :slight_smile: