Android phone and Apple TV - does it work?

I’m thinking of getting an Apple TV but am an Android/Windows user. However it would be nice for Zwift to work all the time instead of waiting for Windows 10 updates and computer crashing.

Anyway, had anyone tried this? Does the phone do all the sensor work and send it to the Apple TV? Or does the usb ANT dongle get used?

Thanks, sorry if this is the won’t spot for this question.

Dustin

AppleTV can only connect to Bluetooth sensors. It doesn’t not have a USB port to plug in an ANT+ dongle.

As long as the platform Zwift is running on and your phone are on the same WiFi network the companion app will work.

Great! Thank you! I didn’t want to buy everything and then it wouldn’t work because I was on Android.

Thanks!

Dustin

It works great. I have an Apple TV 4K where Zwift is running, using Bluetooth to connect to my trainer. I run the Zwift companion on my Android phone and it all works very well. As Daniel said, as long as both the phone and Apple TV are on the same wifi then it’s fine.

1 Like

Great! Thank you! I’ve been wanting to move to the Apple TV so I don’t have to wait for my computer to update and ultimately crash :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Dustin
1 Like