Alpe Du Zwift elevation on Strava

Has anyone else experienced extremely inaccurate and erratic elevation plots for ADZ on Strava? This may well be a Strava issue rather than a Zwift one. I’ll try to contact Strava as well.

Climbing ADZ starting from the Jungle Loop results in an elevation gain of 1061 meters. The last couple of weeks, Strava has been reporting 1959 for this climb with a crazy irregular elevation plot.

This is more of an irritation than a problem. I just wondered if others were noticing the same. As mentioned above, the problem seems to be at the Strava end, so will try to raise the issue with them too.

Presume the elevation correction in Strava doesnt work?

I’ve had a one-off weird elevation profile but didnt bother checking where the problem was. Could be fit file data is corrupted somehow, in which case you can potentially correct and reload the activity. I wouldnt preclude Zwift from being the problem either - you can check the altitude recorded in the fit file manually and correlate against your ride to see if Zwift is actually recording it correctly.

fitfiletools.com for fixing
fitfileviewer.com for checking what zwift recorded

I’ve had similar issues on Road to Sky and Climbers Gambit (The Academy Baseline ride).
For the latter, a fit file reader shows the whole ride is nearly at least 500m above sea level and quite erratic. Strava’s interpretation of the same FIT file is worse with it going repeatedly above and below sea-level and several long sections with no elevation data.

Hi Tom, I hope you already have the answer, otherwise, I think it could be for some mistaking about the real terrain profile from Temotu province at Solomon Islands, where Watopia is based (but it is just intended for 2D GPS tracking purposes). The profile of your activity in Strava is the one from Watopia, but if you try to extract a route from it you’ll get the one from Temotu. It always should be taking the Watopia profile for your statistic, but if it doesn’t, I think the error could be related. This is not a solution, but at least I hope it explain the bug and brings a little peace of mind :slight_smile:

Could it be Strava’s elevation correction?
I never tested for my Zwift rides what happens if I use it.

This is the strava elevation correction I think. I did a ride with 40km and about 1650m+, the strava elevation correction if used will nearly double the elevation. So I avoid that.