Allow workouts during events

I do mostly structured workouts in Zwift, but I’d also like to take part in events like Tour de Zwift. Unfortunately, I need to choose one or the other. Zwift won’t let me do a workout during a TdZ ride. It would be great to be able to have that option.

Others can correct me if I’m wrong but can’t you click “E” on the keyboard (assuming you are running windows) and select a workout during an event? Or does that just work for meetups only?

Yes, and I’ve done that during a meetup, but it seems that option isn’t available during some “official” events.

No. People doing workouts on routes was okay when it helped populate otherwise empty roads. But these days they are just part of the overload.

Zwift should up the realism by putting those doing workouts onto virtual static bikes on virtual rollers in a virtual gym. Or maybe let you spend drops on a choice of virtual pain caves.

Okay, that’s half joking but there is a kernel of true complaint. It’s annoying on free rides when other riders accelerate/slow down seemingly at random until you spot that they’re on a workout. Having people doing that during events will just ruin the event.

@Mark_Gallagher, you’d really hate riding with me in the real world. Constantly slowing down and speeding up for no reason. :slight_smile:

True, but then in my day job my real name is “D.Diesel”, I like a steady pace.

And don’t get me wrong, the most annoying people in Zwift are the swarms of U-turn junkies. Its either deliberate or a lot of buggy Watt bikers riding together.