Allow Saves Without Exit

BUMP… Gets my vote.

Can we close this thread?

It makes me sad every time I see new posts on it.

3 Likes

Or better yet, the entire category?

Zwift recently lost the data for my effort in the Chasing Cancellara TT on the 14th. Zwift support told me it was because I didn’t logoff from my warm up and log back on for the event. AND then log off and log back on for the cool down. They pointed me to the FAQ’s that say you need to do this.

I can’t imagine the cluster-eff that would happen if they allowed saves without exit!

Here’s my thread about it: Lost Events or Data? This May be Why

I don’t buy that. I’ve never had that issue staying logged in long before and after events.

2 Likes

Me either. This was the first time for me. I’ve been doing the logon, warm up, switch to the event, event ends and do the cool down and then logoff for over a year. Never been a problem. The FAQ’s say we should be doing otherwise, though. It’s just another thing about the effed up game engine Zwift is based upon.

Some posited recently that the reason ZwiftHQ has so much trouble figuring out how to fix issues that arise with the increase in traffic and complexity is the entire app is based upon the hobby level engine it was initially based on. Going to another engine is going be a COMPLETE re-do of the ENTIRE system. Joyous.

1 Like

I think this issue start if you do a workout or a different event after another event, then Zwift save the ride as the last event/workout name and that can mess with some things.

So for very important events don’t do a workout/event before or after.

But you are correct I have done this for many years, I have a specific race warmup training session that I do before races.

I never restart Zwift or had the need to do it.

1 Like

Check out the FAQ’s: Cycling Events FAQ

Here’s what it says:

Q: Can I complete multiple rides in one Zwift session?
A: Absolutely! Although—we strongly recommend you save your ride after each session to prevent your activity from uploading improperly.

So, you can complete multiple rides in one Zwift session, and they recommend that you save your ride after each session (which they just said can consist of multiple rides).

It does not say anything about saving in between a warmup and an event or between an event and a cool-down.

1 Like

Gets my vote too, if I knew where to do so!, anyways, I agree being able to remain logged in and change courses would be wonderful!

Please add this.

2 1/2 YEARS later… :skull:

1 Like

It is almost five years: October the 25th 2015 (!!) I raised the weirdness of the Exit app, and the first post in the first “Allow Save without Exit” thread was 30 December 2015.

Over half a decade.

The thread was recreated when they moved forums.

4 Likes

Perhaps Jim you could do the fix?

Maybe this is more appropriate

Not sure which part of banging head against a brick wall is not sinkining in .
If after 5 years of being asked constantly to implement this and it has not even been accepted and backlogged . This change and feature request has clearly been rejected .

3 Likes

New Zwifter here - and one of the first things I noticed about Zwift was why on earth does it dump you out of the app when you’ve completed a ride - what if you want to go look at your stats or all the cool stuff you’ve earned in the garage or purchase something with the drops you’ve earned - you have to relaunch the app ??? whos idea was that ???

Come on guys drop the user back to the menu where you can browse your stats and garage etc. Then
simply have a ride again button to start a new ride and an exit button to quit to desktop.

Simples…

And if your really worried someone might prefer it to auto exit - then have a setting “Auto exit Zwift on ride completion”

1 Like

Hi @RoyCruse

Welcome to the forum.

Zwift does not dump you out of the app, you can click on the menu button while riding and look at all your stats and change bikes and kit.

After you event is done you can continue riding.

ok maybe i wasnt exactly clear - it dumps me out of the app when i save a ride - theres no optrion to save a ride and stay in game.

If I complete a training session or a specific course I want that saved as a discrete activity for reference later - there’s no way to save that ride then continue riding (in a new activity)

I dont want additional time larking about cycling in game or in menus or a combo of both recorded against that specific ride.

The only way to achieve this is to save and exit then relaunch the app.

4 Likes

HEEEYYYYYY YYYOOOOUUUUU GGGUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSS!!!

It’s coming! Finally!

1 Like