Allow Saves Without Exit

Huh? Explain…

1 Like

Wait a few hours… :wink:

1 Like

Yer killin’ me Smalls… :thinking:

Quote taken from the Zwiftcast Facebook group.

“Ep 95 will definitely be published on Friday . . . . this allows us time to scramble a reaction to a Massive New Feature Which Has Been Released To Everybody’s Surprise.
Finally, finally, finally . . . . we have the ability to do another session WITHOUT QUITTING THE GAME. Excuse the ALLCAPS but excitement levels are off the scale.
The feature is called Return To Home. Finish a ride. Hit save. get returned to the Home Screen. Do something else - without exiting the game :slight_smile:
I haven’t tested it yet but this is official from HQ.
PLEASE NOTE: It’s PC and Mac only on this release. It will not be available on iOS.”

Wow - impressive. This took what - 3 years?

If the trend is maintained, we should have a reasonable UI in 2025.

And of course it’s not available on iOS - since there’s no “exit” concept in iOS, the developers had no choice but to leave the app running after a session. The Massive New Feature has been “available” on iOS since Zwift was released on iOS. But porting that on Win10 and MacOS was so hard.

iOS is the reason it wasn’t available to everyone in the first place. There were too many bugs causing issues after a number of world swaps on that platform, so they left it as is.

So that function won’t be available on Ios?

On iOS, when you end a ride, you get the save/delete screen, and then return to the pre-home screen, where you select the user. You do have to go through sensor/trainer paring again, but at least you don’t get the whole restart-from-scratch seen on Win/MacOS. Yes, the iOS app could return to the so-called Home screen (world choice, ride type, upcoming events and all). But it’s still one step ahead of Win/MacOS prior to this announced change.

This sounds like it’s not available in this (coming) release. It does not sound like “never ever”.

Yeah I realise that, what I meant is that bugs with world swapping on iOS is what prevented them rolling out this feature to everyone. Jon Mayfield himself said so on an previous episode of the Zwiftcast.

2 Likes

Ok, hopefully that will be out soon. How close is this release from now(For mac and PC)?

I would not have the faintest clue.

Now all we miss is a Menu button on the so-called Home screen.

Ok, ok, I know, it’s complicated.

1 Like

Yes. I’m new to platform and this seems illogical ux behaviour right from the outset. Should be save ride and return to menu not save and exit.

2 Likes

Understatement of the day.

2 Likes

zackly…

6 Likes

You beat me to it, @Dave_ZPCMR

4 Likes

Can I have the final say.

Thanks Team Zwift: This now close one of the most requested features.

4 Likes