ABSA Cape Epic Mission - ZERO climb data after 2hr ride

Hi,

1. I can ride as usual, No crush at the game.
  2. I can see the completion banner as usual.
  3. I keep riding in the same world
  4. I didn’t jump to another world.

Btw, some of my friends are facing the same issue with me. The climb will not accumulate at the first few ride. After few ride, it seems okay now.

Can I confirm that Is it a must need to use the MTB in order to gain the climb?

Thank you.

Yes. For your climbing to count towards the mission, you must be on the Scott Spark RC mountain bike.

You can change bikes during the ride, but only the bits on the correct bike will count towards the mission. (I tested this in a ride a couple of nights ago - did 500m of climbing, but only 488m are shown on the mission counter. That’s because I changed to the Zwift mountain bike for a short while to test another bug.)

1 Like

@Gerrie_Delport
I only use an iPhone 7 plus firmware 13.3.1 for zwift (lattest at this time) - Bought only to zwift.
Paired to a wattbike
On a wifi network.
My first ‘mission’ ride I did on the iPhone and so did NOT ‘opt in’ (I understand you can’t) but the system gave me a MTB , rode, saved.
Following help here I then used Windows PC and ‘opted in’ that screen now shows “congrats” confirming ‘opt in’ on both PC and iphone
2nd ride MTB

@shooj
Rode exactly the same as usual, no crash, (so no resume)
I just pick a ‘route’ and ride based on time then use “Menu” “End ride” “save” (to strava)
Same world same route for cool down
Images added - These may not be in order - These were taken WITHOUT riding and appear as I would normally see them and use them.
They show the pre ride screen, ride selection WITH MISSION 0m, ride select sub screens, then one ‘in ride’ showing the MTB, menu, end, save (I deleted that ride as it was a 0m)
I will be Zwifting later for 1hr ish if you require more info - data just ask, Hope it helps, Thank you.
Andy

![IMG_0487|375x500](upload://oIod1KlOvIUcZ4889MC9LbEAtA G.jpeg)

IMPORTANT UPDATE………

The ride I did today now shows in the ABSA climb info, I decided to do a flat route! so 170m now show, I have checked that on my PC and again on my phone app both show that climb data.
Other above seem to mention that it took a few rides to start counting.
PLEASE NOTE - I did nothing that I can think of different to any other ride.
If someone can add the ‘missing meters’ that would be great but its not a big deal if not.
I hope someone can work out the ‘why?’ to help future missions
Ride on,
Andy.

1 Like

@Andrew_Halliday
Thanks for looping back to confirm that your elevation did credit.

The experience should be better, so we’re still looking into it on this end.

@shooj
The third ride ONLY shows elevation in the mission count, Rides 1 and 2 don’t show.
@Daren
Just to confirm - I think I missed this earlier with my main issue - If I ride via iOS then even if I complete the entire climb I won’t get the bonus 100,000 drops ?
I only use iOS so if that’s the case best I stop riding the free advert for a MTB! as it will have no advantage for me and currently means I have to try SO much harder vs those on road bikes.
Thank you for your time, Andy.

As far as I’m aware Andrew, you will get the bonus 100,000 drops. I think the restriction is only on winning the physical prize (bike) itself. @shooj is the man to confirm that though.

1 Like

The drops will be awarded after this campaign ends.

1 Like

Sort of opposite to others’ issue. I am on PC (signed up and ride on PC). I rode three rides (workouts + a bit extra after the workouts) on the mountain bike. Elevation gain from those rides are 272m, 1073m, and 1058m. The last two were up Alpe Du Zwift. I switched to TT bike on decent of Alpe Du Zwift, and switch back to the mountain bike before exiting. Somehow on upon switching back to the mountain bike on the last Alpe Du Zwift decent, my mission completed. I should have about 450m to go.

Hi
Signed up for this mission on a windows pc but I do all my rides with an ipad.
The first ride (like all the following was on the purple Spark) was 415m elevation but nothing on the mission sign.
Did a second ride abot 100m but no progress in the mission.
Restarted the ipad and did a short testride and the 3m appered in the mission.
After that I did a 500 m climb but still only 3m in the mission.
What am I doing wrong?

I’m having similar issues on Android. Have done 2 rides on the Scott mountain bike, however nothing showing on the mission tab. I’ve donwloaded the FIT files. Who do I send them to? Hopefully can get the metres added?

@shooj issue of height climbed not showing again. Worked yesterday but not today. No difference in set up.
Any ideas