1989 Graphics Why!

So how does this hack work if you wanted to do a workout???

1 Like

It doesn’t.

Agreed 100%! In this day of age where the Paralympics are getting much more attention and marketing, I’m surprised we aren’t there yet. Zwift, I’m happy to help.

I lasted 15 mins, blurred vision, dizzy. Had to keep looking away from the screen and an hour later I’m still lay down feeling seriously poorly. It’s bad enough with lockdown, shocking idea zwift. Haven’t left the house for 5 days, who in their right mind thought the dodgy graphics was a good idea. Great for morale, well done Zwift!!

2 Likes

I just found out it was an April Fool joke.
I was trying to ride at 6:20 this morning and attempted to change frames twice and thought I was entered in a another challenge with the auto frame selection turned on.
I gave up and just did the ride (up the alpe) thinking I wanted to work out more than figure out what was going on. I had a good ride and won the cartoon lightweight wheels again an now have 3 sets!
I figured it was like the Cape challenge and just had bugs and would not work since I was using an ipad and was a wasted effort on their part. I feel like a fool but with the virus and earthquake here yesterday I was happy to ride. I had told my wife after the ride went ok for early morning but I was stuck in a bad cartoon.

Not a great idea Zwift :angry: found the whole blurred vision quite bad on my eyes and felt nauseous, fine for the kit and frame but like others above not the right time to do something like this when we are all on lockdown. Could have been such a good opportunity to give people a lift. Shame.

1 Like

Looking at Shane’s video it does not that bury.

Watch in 4k pretty awesome.

I only saw it for 5 mins (warmup, disappointed to see it was disabled for the race) myself but I don’t really understand what the big deal is. How did everybody survive watching VHS tapes back in the day? Heck, even quite a few DVDs have worse image quality than this (minus the analog effects).

I do have to register a complaint about the anachronistic Campy Skeleton brakes, though.

2 Likes

At least it wasn’t 8-bit, otherwise it would’ve been like this:

download

1 Like

That was 2018: You’ll never guess what Zwift rolled out today… | Zwift Insider

2 Likes

From a 4K device. Blurred

1 Like

I guess that was the purpose, like all movies on VHS in the 80’s

From you tube VHS Movie - Back to the 80s - Road Trip USA 1985 - San Francisco und Los Angeles Hollywood

Well, I enjoyed it, riding the PRL Half today in well over 2 hours.

But my paincave has a 46" TV with only FullHD, no 4k, so I just barely saw a bit of difference :rofl:

1 Like

Riding in a meetup everything was normal except for the bike.

I just finished a run and I thought it was cool and so did my wife. We could not figure out why people were complaining about and the few reports of people saying it made them sick. I get dizzy a lot and this had no effect on me in that regards.

Keep the kits and make the overlay an option so we can have some variety.

Fine for me … quite enjoyed the nostalgia factor.

Is it the case that the effect was a lot more pronounced on bigger and/or higher resolution screens? I am using a bog-standard 15" 1920x1080 laptop screen and the effect was definitely noticeable without being nauseating.

See the screenshot, i am unable to change the bike (stuck with an efin steel frame) and neither can i change the jersey too. How do i fix this?
Oh, and there is this “REC” tag that is not usually there… there aren’t any updates available for my iPad.

April fools!!!

2 Likes

Thanks Mike…i have literally spent the past hour trying to figure this out.
Well @zwift this is NOT funny.

1 Like