ZwiftPower. Broken. Neglected

I have asked a very similar question a several times over the past year either by email or on the forums or tried PM’s to e.g. @Eric , yet received no reply. Currently I’m awaiting a reply from Zwift Support to my latest email of last week, the main question being:

Would you please tell us about the current plans of Zwift regarding sharing Zwift data / API access with the community?

Everyone could of course help by upvoting the request for a (semi-public) API:

Finally, some comments in this topic are simply not fair:

• “Zwift took over Zwiftpower to kill it.” No not at all, I think we should be thankful that Zwift took over and kept it going. There were huge problems with processing all Zwift race results, and - although it took quite a lot of time, they fixed it.
  • “Nothing has been added or improved.” I disagree, on the backend a lot of things have changed. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean nothing is being done. For example the security of data has been improving. On January 24th, 2022 the authentication process of Zwiftpower was integrated with Zwift to give an example.

Finally a point which has not been made: Zwift had no other choice than to stop a 3rd party (Zwiftpower) relaying Zwift personal data, because as such it was not in line with GDPR-regulations. They would either have to shut Zwiftpower down, or keep it running themselves.

Also, to be fair to Zwift, we as members of an enthousiastic Zwift community should not be promoting initiatives which are not in line with the Terms of Service. Terms of Service for Users in Europe
In particular apps like Sauce 4 Zwift and ZwiftRacing.app are massively crossing all the red lines given in Article 5a.ix. This way, we are leaving Zwift HQ no option but to step in again and close down everything (which I am afraid they will do very shortly).

Article 5a.ix states: You shall not use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our Platform, including any application that reads areas of RAM used by the Platform to store information about a character or an environment without Zwift’s prior authorization;

1 Like