Zwifting with the elGato Stream Deck (Release)

I’ve never tested the Streamdeck (SDXL) on a Surface but since it is a Windows 10 box it should work. Let me know if you find a solution but here are some questions that came to my mind when thinking about it:

I’m assuming you are connected directly to the Surface via USB and that the OS recognizes the SDXL device. Does the SDXL work when connected to the Surface? Does it work with other software? Is Windows patched? Is the Surface firmware up to date? Is the SDXL software patched and firmware updated? Is there a conflict with SDXL and Windows under Surface? Does the tablet mode affect keyboard input? Try the SDXL on another computer with Zwift installed and see if that works. I know there was a Zwift issue with it running in admin mode and not accepting input from the SDXL … check that out.

Good luck!

Many thanks, both for the tips and the icons that are prettier than mine!

This is amazing! I’ve used it quick often. I have a StreamDeck Mini that I use for eRacing, and it’s a drag and drop selection (or copy/paste) to the mini. I’ve shared this with others, credit for your work! Honest, this really is awesome. I don’t think there is much to change yet. I’ll drop something in if I see it. The integration with Discord for Team chat is helpful and easy to set up with page turns and dropping in functions.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @J_Drummond. I’m glad to hear it is of use to you!

2 Likes

Thank you so much - this is amazing. Why did it take me so long to find this? :wink:
Do you know if there is a way to enable and disable trainer ERG mode with this?

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words @Ois_TK - glad you find it of use! There is no keystroke to enable/disable ERG within the game. I will put it in as soon as Zwift decide to assign one or allow users to rebind key commands.

3 Likes

Any updates on this project? Curious to hear what new things have been done. Excellent work :slight_smile:

Hi @Jackson_William and thank you for reaching out! I appreciate the recognition. I do have a few ideas in play for the next version but I’m more curious how you have been using the profile and what you would like to see come next.

If there is enough interest I can create a survey to gather feedback to direct the effort.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten this to run on a Mac? I’m struggling with it - maybe because I’m a Stream Deck newbie. When I load the most current Stream Deck profile for Zwift (the December 2021 file), it errors due to application location. The profile has a Windows file destination that doesn’t apply to Mac. When I try to use the app picker in Steam Deck to select the application, it only allows me to point to the Zwift app (which is the launcher, not ZwiftApp) and because ZwiftApp is buried in the users library application folder, normal MacOS picker won’t allow you to navigate this (at least that I can find). I feel like that is why mine is not working - when you use the Stream Deck app picker to point to Zwift in the applications folder, that isn’t really what is running once you join the game so it doesn’t send commands to the app even when it’s in focus. I could be off-base but could use some help. I feel like modifying the Profile itself to the correct ZwiftApp path for a Mac is what needs to be done but can’t seem to figure out to edit this file (won’t open with textedit, etc).

This project looks neat - would just like to get it running with my Zwifting station.

1 Like

Hi @David_Merrill - Thanks for reaching out. Did you give Stream Deck permission to control your computer? That would be necessary for it to send commands to the Zwift app. If you go to your Mac’s system preferences, security & privacy, unlock to edit and select “Stream Deck” app. Lock it again, close the window and try to send commands from the Stream Deck to the running Zwift app.

Let me know if that was the issue.

1 Like

Release Version .2
June 2022 - Control Zwift from a Stream Deck on your Mac.

This update is for MacOS users only.

-Created a separate profile for MacOS users to download and use.
-Updated the “Capture Screen” shortcut to reflect the different key command on MacOS.
-The default application was updated so Stream Deck will find Zwift on MacOS (if installed).

Key commands in Zwift across platforms

[FIX] Stream Deck downloadable profile for MacOS (ZIP)

Main Screen with updated Capture Screen shortcut

Yes, I had already done that. I’m pretty certain the issue is the inability to point to ZwiftApp within the Stream Deck profile configuration. It finds Zwift in the Applications folder but I cannot get it to point to ZwiftApp that is found in this path /Users/davidpmerrill/Library/Application Support/Zwift/ZwiftApp. I noticed you uploaded a Mac profile - let me try that since that is raelly what I was trying to achieve/felt like that is the issue

Thanks for posting the Mac profile. I could not get it to control zwift on either my Zwift Mac or my normal Mac laptop. It does load without an error though but just doesn’t seem to work once I’m in zwift. Is the Mac profile pointing to ZwiftApp or the launcher? (since they are in very different locations on a Mac). BTW - very much appreciate your help. I did rule out my Stream Deck, etc - when I install and fire up Stream Deck, with the profile and Zwift on a Windows machine I had around, it does work fine and absolutely as I’d expect it.

Sorry should have mentioned this - when I run the Mac profile on my Zwift Mac, the screen capture button does actually work, just nothing else.

@David_Merrill I got the Stream Deck to work with Zwift. I just had to remap the keys in the Stream Deck profile on the mac. I went through and verified the functions and they all worked as designed. I uploaded a fix in the original link above - go ahead and try that one and let me know if you run into any issues.

You should be good to go.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your work, Michael - can’t wait for it to rain to check this out (will load it and have it ready for next indoor ride). Very cool idea, GREAT WORK :slight_smile:

1 Like

The way I enable / disable ERG from the Stream Deck are these series of actions:

1. Tap the “Action Menu” icon (this opens the menu on the bottom of the screen)
  2. Tap the “Right” arrow icon to navigate between the different functions
  3. Tap the “Select” icon once ERG is highlighted
  4. You may have to tap “Action Menu” or “Close Popup” icon once again to close the menu
1 Like

Saran (plastic) wrap. Super cheap, and takes like 30 seconds to get a layer on. And if it rips or gets dirty, pull off and wrap again. My low tech solution to sweat.

3 Likes

I ended up using clear barrier film to protect the Stream Deck, same stuff used in a dental office.

This is a brilliant solve for upping the sweat protection! Thanks for sharing @Captain_Thunderpants!