Zwiftapp never starts first time on Mac

Hello there,

I have searched to see if this has been addressed elsewhere in the forums, but I couldn’t find anything relevant. Apologies if I’ve missed it.

I use the ZwiftApp v1.0.51959 on a Macbook pro running Mojave (but it was the same on the previous OS) together with the Companion app on my phone. However, every time I try to start the Zwiftapp on the Mac for the first time, very little happens. A white Zwift window briefly opens and then closes without the Welcome screen ever appearing. The Zwift icon then sits in the bottom of the screen with a black dot under it showing that the app is running, but nothing further happens. If I then right click on the icon and quit the app, then restart the app, it starts fine, runs through the Welcome screen and logs in without any problem. After a ride and everything has shut down, the next time I try to start the app, I have to go through the same process.

It’s not the end of the world, as it always starts eventually, it’s just a pain in the neck having to start, quit and then restart every time.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Richard