Zwiftapp.exe has stopped working Windows 7

(Kelly) #1

Hi guys, our WIndows 7 PC has crashed a number of times now (error zwiftapp.exe has stopped working) always at the end of an event ride on the kudos / results screen.
I’ve uninstalled / reinstalled, cleared up more space, however happened again tonight.

Any ideas for next steps?

(Paul) #2

What are the specs of the windows 7 PC?

Windows 7 will not be supported by MS much longer, might be time to look at upgrading.

1 Like
(Kelly) #3

3.4GB i5 processor
8GB RAM
HD Graphics 4000

(Paul) #4

HD Graphics 4000 is minimum specs for Zwift and depending on how many riders are around you it might not be able to keep up and crash the app.

I am guessing this is a laptop so updating the graphics card is out of the question.

Is the Win7 computer fully updated, including all the drivers?

(Kelly) #5

Thanks Paul, yes fully updated. And never crashes during the ride, always at the results screen at the end.

(Paul) #6

Are you running Zwift in Windowed Mode or Full Screen? I always suggest using Windowed Mode, it tends to resolve a lot of issues.

What do you have the graphics setting set to within the Zwift menu?

(Kelly) #7

Thanks for your help Paul. Changed to my husbands laptop (with dedicated graphics) thought I had fixed the problem. However crashed again tonight at the results screen, will try your windowed solution and report back. Thanks.

(Kelly) #8

The computer was in windowed mode.
Resolution was low.