Zwift Video Screenshots (Apple release) [February 2023]

@Yannick_Rottier Totally understand where you’re coming from.

Is this concern related to the existing issue of screenshot upload preferences being ignored? If so, we’re definitely working on this and will have a fix out in an upcoming game release that will work for both photo and video screenshots.

The end result is that if you have it set to “Always”, your screenshots will be selected to upload by default, “Only my shots” will only include screenshots you’ve taken manually and no automatic screenshots / notable moments will be included, and “Never” will result in no screenshots being selected for upload.

It sounds like that would make it so you don’t have to manually delete anything from Strava - but let me know if you have any additional concerns.

4 Likes

My guess is they are on iPad where there is no option to not capture and upload one photo to strava. The option simply doesn’t exist on iPad.

4 Likes

Hi, I’ve been reading the latest comments and I also spoke with the support team about this matter. I own a MacBook Pro with its last update, also running last version of Zwift, but no option to video screenshots. I have friends that are already posting their videos in Strava but the feature is not available for me despite of accomplishing all the requirements I’ve read around here. Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @alvarohf96

Welcome to the forum.

See the first post:

1 Like

I read that, but I guessed a MacBook Pro 2 years old should not affect the availability of this feature

1 Like

Zwift is rolling it out gradually. So not everyone will get it at the same time.

1 Like

Yep this is correct - we’re doing a gradual rollout of this feature based on factors like device type, capabilities, and also randomness, so two people with the exact same devices may not necessarily have it just yet.

@alvarohf96 Feel free to DM me with the details of your device (model number, processor, etc.) as it’s helpful for us to compare against our random distribution. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying! We’ll also look into adding this setting in an upcoming release for mobile platforms as well.

2 Likes

@evan-zwift This is such a great feature!

Separately - any idea when we will get proper support for Apple’s M1 chips (M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max) and proper rider shadows?

2 Likes

We’re actively working on it! We’re making good progress but there’s a ton of testing to do, so I can’t share a date quite yet. We’ll definitely post in the forums when it’s ready to go.

4 Likes

Great to hear! Let me know if you need any beta testers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This doesn’t seem to be the case on my iPad. Aside from OS-level screenshots (pressing the hardware buttons, not from within Zwift or ZCA), there are no Zwift photos or videos that show up in the Apple Photos app. I run the Companion app on an Android phone and screenshots I take with that show up in the photos on that device (and are synced to Google Photos).

I’ve gotten the update and even saved a few of the video clips with the uploads to Strava, but I can’t find them on the iPad itself. There was one clip I chose to not upload to Strava with the save because I wanted to trim it first, but when I went looking for it in every app I could think of (even Files), I couldn’t find it anywhere.

1 Like

Have you made sure to grant the Companion App access to your Photos in the settings?

1 Like

If I have uploading of screenshots disabled, do you think I want you to automatically upload videos without ever asking for permission?

This should be opt-in and not opt-out.

2 Likes

@M_W19 We’re currently working on integrating video screenshots with that setting (and fixing that setting for photo screenshots!) and will have that out in an upcoming release.

1 Like

Looking forward to this feature. Wanted to know if a 5th gen IPad will be supported in the future? Thanks.

Hi I’m very excited about this feature. I’ve seen multiple friends sharing their video screenshots at Strava and I would like to do that too. It has been a while but it hasn’t “rolled out” for me yet. Do you have an ETA on when can I expect it?
Some info:
Zwift version: 1.33.3 (latest)
Hardware: 2018 MacBook Pro 6-core i7 (no performance issues)

1 Like

Hey Evan, would also be great if zwift could remove the instructions for selecting photos at the end of a ride… or at least the option to turn off the instructions. I’ve been on zwift for 5 years now and having to wait for the instructions to disappear at the end of each ride is one of those little things that is super annoying.

Great work in bringing this additional feature to zwift. Looks cool.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m using the Zwift Companion app on my iPhone 13 and I also use Apple TV 4. I would like to know how to take video screeshots. There is currently no option on my Companion app and Apple TV. What do I have to do to make it possible?
Thank you for the effort.:pray:t2:

If we see this, is it supposed to work?

I’m currently using an AppleTV 4K gen 3 (latest) as my PC has had a fit. Tonight, Zwift selected a video to upload, but I can’t see hide nor hair of it.

It isn’t visible on the activity on web or Companion, and I don’t see it in Strava either, although the screenshot has uploaded fine.