Zwift Velodrome

Instead of all the heavy graphics, why not just have the velodrome option as a course (which I’m sure there are many planned for the future) and simply have a ‘warm up zone’ which is a spinning class for all the riders who have selected the ‘warm up’ option? You define a time of say 15 mins and that then counts down. Once complete, you automatically enter your chosen ride be it the island, velodrome or whatever else is planned for the future.

+N
It would be even better if Jensie could be your pacer. Then I could do a 60min ride chasing Jens at a set pace.

Agreed…!

Would be ridiculous–to get smoked by Dawkins or Pervis, in a sprint…or a keirin with an automated moto-bike to pace!..Indeed track racing on here would be a blast!

1 Like

+1

They would have to find a way to simulate or ensure a fixed gear set up. Its not velodrome racing if you can freewheel. It would be just riding without resistance on an oval crit course. If you have the ability to coast the whole track racing strategy gets thrown out the window. I’m all for it if that can be sorted.

N +1

+1

+1

• yet another

+1 Velodrome would be great addition

1 Like

+1

+1

+1

+1 for Velodrome!

Here my idea how to make it work: People start with a calculated number based on ftp, so people can only race with people of the same strength. BUT this number will decrease/increase with points earnt in the races. So if you win a lot of times you will get a higher ranking and therefore must race against people with higher points. That way people can move up / down a virtual ladder and will ride with people of the same strengt.

Of course a maximum number of riders must be allowed in a race. People can go in a waiting room and there the system will create the races. Since in my opinion there are a lot of people so the races can be created quickly.

1 Like

What Eltjo mentioned is a great idea. There could be different tracks of different durations. For each length there is a race every x minutes/hours. Per track every athlete has a different ELO score, much like popular MoBas like DotA implement it. There could be different tiers/buckets of scores to group similar riders together.

Great idea, especially for training fitness tests etc. Not sure how you would manage multiple riders but i personally would be happy with just an empty track for ftp tests and training.

+1, It has the most votes of any request right now so surely this will happen right!?!?!  I would love for it to be like an expanded version of what BKool has done that allows for proper track style races like the keirin, various TT races like the kilo and 4k, mass starts, plus some training “races” that you can do on your own like the flying 200.

1 Like

+1! 

I would love to ride on Watopia Velodrome. One important detail is to be able to select a ratio and set the resistance accordingly. Speed should be based on cadence only.

The one thing I miss from the Bkool software I used before becoming a zwifter is the velodrome and it’s fun and intensive mini games. I could imagine it should work as follows. I somehow goto the velodrome and select the type of race. I’m put somewhere on a trainer to prepare for the race. A countdown shows when I will be transferred to the velodrome. Somehow I’m put into a relevant category of racers for the race (a, b, c, d, w). During the race I can hear the crowd and commentary which is very motivating. After the race my performance will be available. During the warm up would have seen the best performances of the day in replay together with the sound of the crowd and commentator. After the race I will be able to select whether to stay in the velodrome and what kind of race to join next.

1 Like