Zwift Run Needs to Add Milestone Data and more

(Grumpy) #1

I have been using the Milestone Pod and app for about a year. I have tried a few times to use Zwift, now that you purchased MP, but so far, it’s been a very underwhelming experience.

The Zwift app, layout, field labels, functionality etc. are so cycling-centric, it’s almost unusable. Even simple things, like when a run ends, the simple act of saying done and saving requires to many taps. Additionally, most of the verbiage is cycling-centric. Perhaps a different layout for runners.

The MilestonePod app had a tone of great stats, but I dont’t see any of them in Zwift, forcing me to use two (2) apps for the same thing. And if I use Zwift to upload to Strava, I would have to enter all those MP stats manually.

I can understand that running is relatively new to Zwift (and hence why it’s still “free”) for runners, but it needs significant improvements in order to be a viable runners tool. It would also be great to be able to put in a plan (manually) that we could follow. Even the existing workouts are confusing - You click to edit paces, but I’d like to know what paces the workout is going to use during the run, not my times for a 10K or 1/2 etc.

And what about an Apple Watch (Series 4 for me) as an HR monitor. I don’t need, nor wish to wear a chest strap when I already have the watch.

(Vincent) #2

Thank you for the feedback! Any ideas for improvement are very welcomed especially from the running community. I’ve forwarded your post to our staff, thank you for all the details!

(Grumpy) #3

It’s not a big deal, but even the tagline of “ride on” describes how cycling oriented Zwift still is.

-Matt

(Daren) #4

Jog on. :smiley:

(Paul Allen (Watopia Wayfinder)) #5

That’s a big no!

(Daren) #6

Aww, I thought it was funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Keith) #7

I agree that a few small changes would go a long way to make it feel like running is being taken seriously, rather than just tacked on as an afterthought. For example this page, which is supposed to be introducing the HUD to new runners had clearly just been copied and pasted from the equivalent page for cyclists. It would take no more than a couple of hours to re-word it.

Another example is the page to which new Zwift Pod owner are directed. It makes no mention of downloading the Milestone app in order to upgrade firmware, similarly, it makes no mention of calibration. I spent several hours yesterday trying to get it working. A little bit of information added to that page would go a long way towards improving the initial Zwift experience for new Pod owners.

(Grumpy) #8

Agreed :slight_smile: It’s several little things that would help in terms of usability for runners. Since Zwift isn’t charging for runners yet, I’ll keep giving it a shot and hopefully they’ll improve things in the near future.

In my case, I have one Milestone Pod and one Zwift Pod. At present, I sync them both with MP and Zwift because the MP app stores more running metrics.