Zwift run: footpod connection?

Alot of gyms dont have bluetooth treadmills,well gyms that dont replace equipment frequently. If the app was to pick up the footpod sensor that would be helpful?

Yes, you can use a foot pod with Zwift running. Zwiftpod, Garmin and Stryd are the most popular.

How do you get it ti regonise garmin footpod? Do you need to do it via your laptop first?

The Garmin pod is ANT+ only so you would need to bridge the connection using CABLE or the 4iiii HRM.

You would need an iPhone to configure the CABLE, last time I checked there was no Android app (once it’s configured it works fine with Android)

I tried to get my Samsung Note 8 with the Zwift December 2019 Android update to recognize my Garmin footpod and was unable to yesterday. (This phone has ANT+ built into it).

Garmin battery is fresh and my phone can see the footpod (outside of Zwift) but zwift did not recognize it. GPS was on. If anyone finds a non cable workaround, please post.

Zwift for mobile is Bluetooth only for foot pods and trainers. ONLY HRM can connect using ANT+ at the moment.

Ah I see that clarification now in the Jon_Mayfield email… I missed that detail.
Thanks for the heads up! - J

1 Like