Zwift Roadmap - New Features and Plans

DC Rainmaker provides an excellent summary of what is a massive and welcome step forward. Finally setting out a roadmap of what’s coming on Zwift. Interesting stuff!

1 Like

It is interesting… and good to see!

With this roadmap in mind, I wonder what the October game update will contain?.. or will we not get an update, holding out for the expansion due in November.

:thinking:

1 Like

Those screenshots of New Tokyo. Jeez. Ghost in the Shell (live remake) was on TV the other night. The hologram Maneki-neko. Hmmm. Yeah, don’t know how popular this is going to be as it looks like futuristic NYC all over again.

1 Like

It goes here:

7 Likes

And on the Makuri Islands grid there appears to be space for another four zones of similar size:

5 Likes

Looking forward to Mount Fuji.

3 Likes

I don’t know.
Is this more “Boost mode”.
I like the clubs function.
A new neon world does not fill a void for me.

Most of this seems companion app stuff.
It might have been safer to upgrade ZCA than run the risk of major tweaks that still fail to enforce cats etc.
I hope Zwift will still run on a “potato”.
I’m used to the UI and would prefer to keep the old rather than get a new quirky one.

1 Like

Looks like the garage is finally going to be accessible from the main menu!

8 Likes

If Yumezi is anything to go by, it’s more likely that higher end performance would/will be sacrificed. Looks great on Ultra, but needs staggeringly high end components to maintain 60fps. Most people don’t care about this in the slightest.

2 Likes

Is there a term for y’all that obsess over frame rates, kind of like “weight weenies” are cyclists that care about how many grams their bottle cage weighs?

asking for a friend…

:rofl:

3 Likes

Neokyo = HYPERS

Zwift’s got a page up for it already! The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

Dweebs. :wink:

3 Likes

Actually, I think that would be “Zweebs”…

2 Likes

Club feature and user functionality at main menu is welcome. Map addition is anime otaku dream. Lots of classic anime reference using that name for the addition. Even throwing the real life emperors palace grounds which should contrast the modern look of the cityscape. That had to be some amount work to make that possible. Now two of the long lasting monarchy palace grounds on Zwift. That could be an series of events/races palace to palace shared with the London map. Even a route on makuri map castle to castle to castle. Tokyo is not the flattest city but with some rollars/small hills with alot flat with what could seen in the recent the summer games, but not NYC map degree hopefully to make it different. Possible crit courses on the map it looks like. Possible fun other races on it as well. Good add and updates going into the northern global half winter months.

Crit courses are welcome, but to be any real fun the game physics needs to be changed so that riders are actually slowed down around corners and forced to accelerate out of them.

Until then it may as well be Tempus Fugit with extra neon…

3 Likes

Actions are better than promises. The intention is clear. We should not leave zwift and continue to pay. Let actions speak. Marketing, promises and announcements do not interest me.

2 Likes

You lost me.

1 Like

That is certainly bad. But I’d rather stay realistic and thank the game developers, technicians, networkers and support. Announcements like rowing in weeks or more seagulls do nothing for me now.

1 Like