Zwift Roadmap - New Features and Plans

He is saying that this is just more talk which we have been fed here for over a year in many forms and seen nothing from that . We therefore await action and deliver to back up what is still at this stage a marketing driven exercise. If I am not mistaken indeed some of the roadmap items are still being referred to as intentions and expections rather than commitments .

6 Likes

New teaser from Zwift: https://twitter.com/GoZwift/status/1455837938475048963?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Now we know what the new hardware division has been busy working on :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

actually… that would be pretty rad, I’d buy one!

6 Likes

Bug fixes and improvements for the latest companion app update…

Noticed that the background color is now grey when in ride mode

Music from here:

1 Like

Hello Neokyo…

That’s in Yumezi though, not Neokyo.

1 Like

perhaps @Oliver_ZRace_Central was just noticing the map now extends in the upper left corner?

Just was pointing out that Zwift added the Neokyo part of Makuri to the companion app.

It was posted a few days ago in that other thread about Neokyo potentially being launched on 10th November that seems to have mysteriously disappeared.

2 Likes

I originally posted that post but it has been deleted apparently “because it’s incorrect, and that would create false expectations.”

I did put a disclaimer that the date could be subject to change what with Zwift doing Zwift things. Turns out that at least that part was right.

2 Likes

Oh. Seems a bit unnecessary for it to be deleted IMO (what’s wrong with a bit of excitement and discussion?) but whatever.

5 Likes

Yes, quite right too - Zwift is absolutely adamant that false expectations are never set.

coughrowingcough

1 Like

Eric has posted his traditional Strava Activity… we must be close! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m guessing Wednesday as tomorrow is ZRL, Thursday is WTRL TTT, and Fridays… a Friday. Looking forward to the release!

It only take about 1min to update. And if you expect to have a update on a Thursday then log in a bit earlier.

There is always events on Zwift.

1 Like

So they’ve changed the world calendar so that the week of Makuri Island being scheduled starts on Wed the 17th now (it was from the 10th at the start of this month).

So probably next week but don’t get your hopes up and blame me if they change it again.

6 Likes
1 Like

It might be cynical of me – and I could have got the wrong end of the stick – but it’s not unreasonable to imagine that Zwift have realized that they need another week to complete all the planned/promised fixes for November that are currently the hottest potatoes, which need to be bundled with the update and release of Neokyo.
On a more positive note, maybe that means there’ll be a little more time available for internal testing and troubleshooting before release.

Probably correct. If it’s not right then delaying it is the sensible thing to do. On the other hand it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s totally fine but they’re still trying to address all the other bugs with the current release:

• Game not working at all for many MacOS users.
  • U-turn broken.
  • Companion app broken for iOS users.
  • Drop shop allowing selection of any bike.
  • Pack Dynamics wonky for users with steering.
  • Route selection bars missing.
  • The usual array of pairing/sensor problems.

Making a fanfare about a new set of roads to ride would be pretty embarrassing with all that stuff still going on.

4 Likes