Zwift programme is Not Responding when I click "Let's Go"

I installed Zwift for the first time today. When I run the program I get the box with the options to “Change User” or “Let’s Go”. When I click “Let’s go”, the Zwift launcher closes, and the Zwift app opens, but is immediately not responsive and shows only a black screen which turns grey when I click on it. It turns out when I start the program, it creates a file called “prefs.xml” which immediately changes to “prefs.xml.INVALID”. When I open prefs.xml in Notepad it’s a blank file. prefs.xml.INVALID can’t be opened apparently.

I have checked my drivers and they’re up to date. I checked for Windows updates - there was one which I installed but this didn’t fix the issue. I restarted my laptop. I uninstalled Zwift and deleted all files, before installing again - twice. I’m at a loss.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I’m using a Windows 10 laptop with intel i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, AMD Radeon graphics card with plenty of storage available on the hard drive.

Hi @Daniel_Pollard

Welcome to the forum.

Is this a work laptop? Do you have permission to the documents folder.

Do you use OneDrive?

No, this is my own laptop and I’m the only user. I tried running as an administator but that produced the same result.

I don’t. I read that it can cause problems with Zwift and as I never use it I uninstalled it, but the problem persists.