Zwift prevented me from training. I don't get it

It is an extremely frustrating “feature.” Their documentation says “you should start a training plan the night before while you’re relaxing, maybe watching a show.” The reality is, in order for you to even select to start a training plan, you get taken through all the menus (which are completely terrible UI, half the time, can’t get the selection to go where you need it to with the Apple TV remote) pairing your trainer, etc… nobody is doing this by design of their system.

They designed a system that makes it really hard to start a training plan, and then as soon as you start it, makes you wait for a lock out period. I was sitting in my kit this morning in the living room feeling quite frustrated, having planned my morning around this

I just did a test and enrolled for a training plan and was immediately able to choose any of the week 1 workouts. I did not get forced into a lock out period. I canceled the plan, chose a different plan and got the same result. I was able to choose any workout from week one to start training right away.

This might be the cause? I am in the US, EST time zone, it is Tuesday just before noon and I was able to start training right away.

I just had the ‘wait 7 hours’ issue this morning using the Android app. I went to my PC and opened Zwift, cancelled the plan and re-enrolled then it worked. If you are stuck with the phone app you could try changing your time zone temporarily.

Not sure how much longer I will stay with Zwift if the bugs don’t get addressed. I contacted support about the issue and the rep clearly didn’t understand the problem or even care.

Good Luck

We should have some news on this really soon. Hang in there.

2 Likes

I second the issue. Why do I have to wait till Monday to start the FTP builder??? Is there nobody who can figure out how to start a plan on a Thursday? Mondays are my rest day, now I have to totally change my training plan! Where do I fit a rest day in now that I am FORCED to follow your plan?

And for that matter, why are you enforcing a “delay to prevent overtraining”? Unless Zwift is going to GUARANTEE the results… My training, my body, my fitness, my Effort is on me!

Mon

Same answer!