Zwift Power not giving me results

Are anyone’s results on Zwift Power not working, my last 2 events haven’t shown anything.

I’m unsure what you mean…over there on the left ZP shows that you finished 9th, 2nd (a silver trophy), and 6th. Unless I’m misunderstanding your question, those are your results for those three races.

On the right there is a score which you get after a race (highlighted yellow), this determines your ranking. circled red is where they should be but the last 2 races haven’t given me a score.

You didnt qualify for ranking points - add Ranking Before and Rank for Event to ZP columns and you will see where you were at. Basically you only get points if you beat higher quality racers. Beating low quality racers won’t shift the dial.

If you dont understanding ZP ranking, then this might help

The ZP FAQ is around so if you really need it, I’ll dig it out for for.

I believe he should still have values listed in the “Result” column (unless of course the event was a group ride or TTT). In the event that a racer’s earned result isn’t low enough to improve/reduce their ZP ranking (meaning the result for that event is higher than the rider’s lowest five scores in the last 60 days) then the result still shows, there just won’t be anything listed in the next column to the right (Gain), because rider’s ZP ranking score didn’t improve with that event. You can even see this displayed for a few events listed in the graphic included in the article you linked to.

As far as why the OP doesn’t have anything at all listed in the “Result” column for those events…perhaps the promoter hasn’t finalized the results or something? When you pull up the full list of results for those events do all the other competitors show values in the “Results” column?

Thanks Dean, that explains it for me.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to apply to all races. I have no idea why.

The results looked finalised to me though am surprised his latest one was processed as quickly as it has been.

1 Like

There were only 4 ZP finishers in Crit race - there must be more than 4 for a race result to be produced.

I don’t think Flat Is Fast race results have been produced yet - even now, 3-4 hours after your post, race result calculation is not up beyond 1pm UK time for yesterday. I have noticed recently that the start of WTRL events really slows up the race ranking results calculations.

Correction : odd some seem to be processed and other races not !? Looks like a block of races early to late afternoon UK time not processed yesterday.

What I have noticed is that ranking gets applied fairly quickly on ZP (perhaps after an hour or two?) and then for a small period they disappear (from everyone) for a longer period then come back a few hours later unchanged. Not sure I have seen that over the longer term but certainly for months. Would be good to know the batch processing tasks ZP undergoes.

1 Like

Same here… I did that same Flat is Fast one (in C) but still no results. Wish I knew how that process worked.

Your ranking result has been calculated but the highest ranking score you can be awarded is 600(ish). If you would have been awarded more than 600 you get shown as having been awarded no ranking at all - not very clever in my opinion.

In your race, because of the large field and relatively low ranked racers, the cut off point was 87th place before no further ranking points were awarded.

When you are looking at results
Click on the columns tab
At the bottom of the drop down menu
Click on the words Rank Before & Rank For Event

This will then provide a slightly clearer picture of how ranking points are being awarded.

2 Likes

Hmm… Yeah I see what you’re saying now. They should at least give you some kind of indication like - You’re so lame! Get back to the Dirty D’s where you belong! :sweat_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

This is little confusing,
This is a little confusing. the same happened to me in 2 of the last races. i checked the race and racers that had better position than me still have points shown in the results. not sure how this works…

Two things to check… pull up the ZwiftPower results for the events. Look at the Filtered tab and see if you are there. Look at the Live tab and see if it thinks you finished the event. You can get more help if you share the event IDs here.

not sure how to find the race ID , just the name " Stage 3: Race Watopia - Two Bridges Loop".
i filtered and i wasnt kicked out. i finished in 57th.
it has to do with the lower position in the race? is there a certain position that if you are bellow , nothing will show in the results?
cheers

Oh sorry I did not read your comment carefully enough. ZwiftPower points come from beating riders with better ranking than you. So you don’t always gain ranking.

I know of 3 reasons why you don’t get a result ranking score: (there are likely more !)

1. If you are disqualified in the results. However, I believe, your position is used in the calculation of points you just don’t receive them.
  2. There must be at least 5 ZwiftPower race finishers in your category.
  3. The ZwiftPower race ranking system uses a maximum score of 600. If your, low, finishing position would have generated a result ranking score of over 600 it doesn’t get shown on your results.

It is this 3rd option which applied to both your races. To see clearer go into the individual race results for that category, select ‘columns’ option then from drop down menu select (by clicking just to right of the check box) ‘rank before’ and ‘rank for event’. This makes it easier to see how the race results ranking points are awarded.

Hi Ian. i did and it shows that the min points awarded were about 589 pts, not even 600. mine, obviously remained the same as before race.
how the results actually mean? i read about but not quite understood. its suposed to be my new rank after the race? i understand the “gain” but the result not.
cheers

I’m not sure what you have read but this is a very relevant and useful FAQ page [click on the FAQ option when it takes you to the Rankings/Standings page]

In summary your Race Result does not become your new Race Ranking. If the Race Result is good enough to make it into your top five results then it will improve your Race Ranking by the amount you see in the ‘Gain’ column.

If you have not yet tried the ‘Info’ option on the Race Ranking line in ZP will show you your Best 5 results.

Looking at that race, the people you finished ahead of had a lower ranking score than you have so you wouldn’t have gained any points