Zwift pod works when running fast, but avatar constantly stopping when jogging/walking

I’ve tried recalibrating, too, but no luck. I’m officially stumped and am going to msg Zwift directly… I’ll post again if I learn anything helpful.

OK thanks. i raised an official support ticket with Zwift a few days ago but not had a response yet. i’ll also share any findings when they get back to me.

Same problem here. Bought the Zwift RunPod for my kids to use on the treadmill as they loved watching me on my smart trainer. But there are repeated problems calibrating it, and the same problems you all have mentioned with the avatar intermittently not running, and seemingly more pronounced at lower speeds. My kids are 8 and 10, and my younger one has more problems than my older. Very frustrating, as they’re super excited to run and collect experience and gain new in-game clothes, but the intermittent problems really sap their motivation. They have been using an iPad to run Zwift, but this evening I tried setting them up on my MacBook. It seemed to work a lot better at first, but then later the same problems cropped up again. Would like to hear from the folks at Zwift to know whether this is a problem with the RunPod or with the Zwift app, and whether it can be fixed in a software or firmware update. Otherwise, this isn’t going to work for us.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I contacted Zwift and they said they were aware of the problem and the developers are working on a firmware update to fix the problem. Pretty unimpressed that they’re selling something that they know doesn’t work!!

1 Like

Same problem. As I only bought the foot pod so I could do hill training (changing speed and cadence constantly) this is really pointless. How can they sell this!?

1 Like

Hi all,
I have been in contact with Milestone Pod (as that is the pod i am using) and they said that they know there is still a problem with this (since the last Zwift update) so they asked me to do some testing for them which involved using other apps like RunSocial. For doing this for them they are sending me a new runpod (handy to have a backup i guess?). Just as an FYI they also confirmed the new Zwift branded Milestone Pods are exactly the same as the old Pods, they have just changed the plastic casing.
In any event they contacted me yesterday and said that they (Zwift) will be releasing a new patch later this week to hopefully resolve this issue so fingers crossed everything will be back to working properly by this time next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for posting updates. It’s great to know there is hope but extremely frustrating to also learn this seems to have been a known unresolved issue with its basic functionality. At least I now know I’m not the only one!

Also seeing regular cutouts. This was my 2nd use of the device. The first went well over a week ago, but this one had constant cutouts and just plain didn’t register anything faster than a 7:00 pace (threw in a 5:40 for the achievement, but nope). 4 mile run ended up .7 short. Yes, calibrated just before run.

Anyone know a better solution? 50% success rate leaves me not wanting to let my Amazon return window lapse.

Tried again today with a calibration at 9mph. As soon as I hit 10mph the pod only seemed to recognize 50% of any further speed.

Garbage product. Sincerely hope Zwift slaps their name on something that actually works before “release.”

i have always had the issues whereby my speed is +/- 0.3mph regularly but i have just learned to accept it over time. i was considering taking the plunge and getting a more expensive piece of kit (like a Stryd) but i dont know if they have the same problems? has anyone used one of them and can recommend?

I had the same dropout problems, but this started working once I downloaded the Milestone phone app, which then upgraded the Pod’s firmware. Then things worked better. It still isn’t 100% perfect, but it is much better, IMO.

Hey everyone, we’re investigating the dropout issues on our side! In case you did not see this, via https://forums.zwift.com/t/run-avatars-stopping-and-starting-during-their-run/19303

2 Likes

I experienced the issue as well. I got it resolved with @Dominique_Louis tip of updating the firmware on the Zwift foot pod with the Milestone App. Just finished a full workout (5x800@6:30minute/mile and 3x400@5:45minute/mile) without any issues. Just yesterday, before the firmware update, I couldn’t go faster as 8:15minute/mile pace without the avatar stopping and streching! :slight_smile:

I wish that I could get mine to work. I was doing a tempo run and my avatar kept stopping. I only got partial credit for the run, and quit in frustration. The Milestone App won’t connect to my foot pod. I have been emailing back and forth with the Milestone people, but they have not been any help Their app gives me messages about not being able to connect to the foot pod. New battery, reset, no other devices near. I am ready to throw the foot pod into the trash and quit on Zwift too.,

I have a cadence of 190, ran a 7.4 mph tempo today and the avatar kept stoping. If I stopped and kicked my feet together (like ?Dorothy) the avatar would start up again for a short time only to quit again. I gave up in frustration. The Milestone rep has not been helpful either when contacted by email.

What device are you using, Apple or Android? I use both an iPhone X and AppleTV, depending where I workout. It appears the Apple TV was working OK even before the firmware update of the Pod but the iPhone was giving me problems.

Regarding Android I think I remember that the Zwift App is still in beta? But in any case the Milestone App should connect. I have noticed that you have to wake up the pod by moving it and it should star to blink red or blue.

Apple TV and today iPad so that I could send the log to Zwift. I got an old milestone foot pod to finally sync and update. I can’t get the new one to sync as apparently it was not registered and I don’t know how to register it now.

I posted all the steps I’ve done to get a consistent run with the RunPod after getting every issue others have mentioned. Take a look here - Tips on getting Zwift RunPod working

Thanks, I finally got the older foot pod to connect to the Milestone app (after multiple tries) and it updated. I had a run pause free after the update. I couldn’t get the new foot pod to register on the Milestone app and get the update. The Milestone folks are going to replace it as 4 hours of messing with it did not come up with a fix.

So the runpod drains a battery about every 3 days. That can’t be your solution.