Zwift on iPad video gets grainy only in Zone 4-5

I’ve got a weird issue where Zwift gets really grainy as soon as I enter Zone 4-5 in workout mode. The min I pass through the arch it goes back to normal. The iPad is pretty new only about a year old and all the latest updates. Not sure if it’s Zwift bug or the iPad. Here’s some pics. Thanks!!

Hi @L_Abbott_RAVE_HERD

Welcome to the forum.

In the settings page you can switch off the workout pain effect.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forums, L.
Don’t worry, your iPad isn’t damaged. You can switch off the ‘Workout Pain Effect’. See this thread: Graphics issue with white or blue arch

2 Likes

Workout pain effect. Turn it off in the Settings menu, if you want.

There sure seems to be a lot of comments about this lately. Have people just started getting into hard workouts again, or something?

2 Likes

OMG - wow, I feel silly! I can’t believe this is a feature. Maybe they could just show my avatar turning bright red and losing consciousness instead. Lol. Thank you all so much.:woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Don’t feel silly AT ALL. No one quite understands the point of it, and it’s not clearly explained anywhere for new users. Ride On :ride_on:

3 Likes

Hi @L_Abbott_RAVE_HERD

Looks like your question was already answered by some awesome members of the Zwift community.

To add to that, the Workout Pain Effect is officially detailed in the related Zwift support article which discusses in-game settings.

1 Like