Zwift not finding my Garmin Watch (HR) after hard reset

Up until two weeks ago, my USB ANT+ Stick Dongle Adapter had no problem receiving HR data from my Garmin Forerunner 935 and showing it in Zwift on my laptop. Unfortunately, I had to hard reset my Garmin and after that the ANT+ Dongle does not pick up the Garmin watch anymore. I tried all the expected things per Zwift and Garmin support plus more – switch USB port, uninstall/re-install drivers etc – all to no avail.

I found an article on the forum suggesting deleting the knowndevices files from the zwift folder. I tried but I still simply get the “Searching…” screen when I try to pair. Zwift shows the Ant+ icon blinking, the Garmin Watch is showing my HR and I am holding it close to ANT+ USB dongle.

I have attached 3 screenshots showing the original knowndevices file (before I deleted it), the new knowndevices file (shows the ANT USB Stick) and screenshot from Device Manager listing the ANT

Help appreciated…

Did you set your watch up to broadcast your HR using ANT+?

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t recall doing anything like that originally and I could not find anything in the Garmin Forerunner 935 manual about doing so when I searched for it. Do you know how to do it for a Garmin Forerunner 935 or where I can the instructions. Thanks.

Use this: Forerunner 935 - Broadcasting Heart Rate Data to Garmin Devices

1 Like

Success. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

1 Like